Bridal Shower Ideas

Calling all maids of honors and bridesmaids! We have some Bridal Shower Ideas for you to with some steal worthy inspiration. All of this gray and pink goodness was conceptualized by Erica O’Brien Cake Design  for her sister-in-law. Lucky for us, Erica shared all of the details. Be sure to read on to learn how you can do something like this for your favorite bride-to-be.

Welcome sign/stool
As guests arrived, they were greeted by a small arrangement (also created by Megan Gray of Honey and Poppies) that included hydrangea, roses, dusty miller and licorice beautifully displayed in a vintage wine glass from Megan’s personal collection. Erica repurposed a small ladder by painting it a satin-finish pink. She secured a damask pattern scrapbook paper print to foamcore board, and used decorative brads to attache cardstock she printed with  Welcome on it. She then fastened a ribbon to the back of the foamcore, and hung the small sign from the glass.

The flowers.
Megan Gray of Honey and Poppies created the beautiful centerpieces. She used hydrangeas in shades of pink and peach as well as stock, peonies, lisianthus, snap dragons and roses. She also incorporated dusty miller and licorice from Erica’s garden. The centerpieces were displayed in footed glass urns and the smaller arrangements were placed in vintage wine glasses, all from Megan’s personal collection.

The buffet table. Guests were served a buffet brunch that included baked French toast casserole, egg and sun-dried tomato souffle, rosemary potatoes, berry salad, a yogurt bar, homemade biscotti, homemade banana crunch muffins, and a bellini bar. To create the backdrop, Erica hung a large white sheet from a photography backdrop stand and overlaid inexpensive gray broadcloth which she secured with ribbon to create a draped look. The tablecloth was also made of inexpensive broadcloth. For the bunting on the front of the table, Erica cut a template out of foamcore board. She then cut 12″ x 12″ scrapbook paper using the template and overlaid the cutouts on 12″ square sheets of scrapbook paper, securing them with double stick tape. To secure the squares to the pink ribbon, Erica spray painted binder clips in a glossy pink. All of the serving trays and bowls came from Erica’s personal collection.

Onto the cake which is the center of the entire shower. In fact this cake  is a smaller less elaborate version of the wedding cake Erica is designing for the actual wedding. Can not wait to see that one.

Cake with ribbon display . Erica designed and created the four-tier carrot cake that was served as dessert. The ribbon backdrop was created by stapling ribbons of varying widths to a horizontal piece of ribbon. (An additional piece of ribbon was used to hide the staples.) For the sign, Erica printed out L-O-V-E on 5″ x 7″ cardstock. She then embelished the bottom of each piece with a decorative edge punch, secured each letter to foamcore board with decorative brads, and attached them to a piece of 1″ ribbon.

View Entire Gallery

Event and cake design: Erica O’Brien Cake Design
Flowers: Honey and Poppies
Photos: Savady Photography

Comments

1. 0. Jessica Palma says:

WOW! So much attention to detail. Every aspect is perfectly coordinated and absolutely beautiful. I love that the cake is modern but so classically elegant at the same time. Makes me wish i was getting married all over again!

2. 0. Reese says:

I LOVE THIS!!! The attention to detail is amazing. I love the idea of the Bellini Bar. I found the website for Erica O’Brien cake design and was blown away. I am getting married in Jersey City next year and would love to contact her about doing an event for my wedding and a cake. I was sent the Wedding Chicks website from a photographer I was interviewing and so happy she did. Great ideas!

3. What a lucky bride! Such a beautiful shower with so much detail. I love it and I love the colors!

4. 0. Diane Gottlieb says:

I’m a real nit picker when it comes to staging parties, decorating, food and food displays. I was thoroughly enchanted with the way this was set up. That cake was so stylish as was the table arrangements, the humorous labeling and those flowers really set a romantic tone to the event. I found not one thing to nit pick about, drats!

5. 0. Vic Morris says:

My wife is looking for ideas for our future daughter-in-law’s shower. She was thrilled when I showed her this site. I was getting hungry just looking at the layout. There is a simple elegance to the cake. We took the above suggestion and went to the Erica O’Brien web page. Her cakes are works of art. The beautiful flowers enhance the charm and joy of the food display.

6. Oh my! This is such a lovely detailed shower. Gorgeous! Set up is beautiful and they didn’t miss a beat with the design elements!

7. 0. AC says:

Adorable. Just adorable.

8. 0. Susan Kulis says:

What an elegant shower! All the artistic touches, the beautiful flowers, the attention to detail, the gorgeous cake, and the mouth-watering dishes must have made this a most memorable day for the bride-to-be. Erica is truly an artist.

9. 0. Erica OBrien says:

I’m just happy I could do something so special for my sister-in-law. Thank you for all the sweet comments.

10. 0. Jackie says:

I love the thoughtfulness that went into this shower. I would love to work with Erica Obrien cakes to design a special Ample Hills ice cream cake. simple elegance!

11. Some steal-worthy ideas here! These cakes are gorgeous!

12. 0. Ashley says:

Can someone tell me where those shoes are from? Im in love!!!

13. 0. ibironke says:

breath taking concept.I totally love this.

14. 0. Joanie says:

How Beautiful! What a lucky Bride to be!!

15. 0. Kimberly says:

Love all of the ideas!!! My daughter is getting married in 3 months and I have searched a lot of websites/books/etc. for ideas and your ideas are the best by far!!!!!

16. 0. Simone says:

absolutely bella …..

17. 0. Allure 2300 says:

I like your post!thank you

18. You can choose new style louis vuitton purses handbags!
    The beautiful blue gown was definitely a show stopper and with her hair blowing in the wind.
    It’s the hideous fur-trimmed louis vuitton purses bag that you want to send a stronger message, defriend. In the multicolor series, there mainly exist two large kinds, black and white shot captured by photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

19. The Giants have said they will come hard after Vick
    if he is satisfied with the record of three Saints’ seasons, he has signed with the San Diego Chargers in the late afternoon. Then the Cowboys realized the New York Jets struggle in loss to GiantsCan Mark Sanchez Beat the michael kors outlet Despite Kate Upton?

20. 0. Bailey says:

Have extra game print outs in case your guests want more of these games.
    There was something indescribable that seemed to
    call to me. The bulb has four brightness levels and four transition effects that include short pause, long pause, fast fade and
    slow fade.

21. 0. Lorrie says:

Hello mates, how is everything, and what you would like to say about this article, in my view its actually remarkable
    in favor of me.

22. 0. August Ames sofa says:

The best thing for you to do is to educate yourself about the basics of designs and styles
    of the sofas in the market. Besides the important techniques discussed above, you
    should also remember to keep the region clutter free as you would
    for any other important room of the house. You’ll be able
    to have a choice of black, blue, and yellow, orange, green and
    several other mixed colours.

1. [...] Gray:  dress, invitation, suit, decor, cake, [...]

2. [...] The Pastry Studio / White Cake via Cake Central / Grey and White Cake from Savady Photography via Wedding Chicks / White Cake with Sugar Paste Flowers via The Pastry Studio / White and Peach Cake from Mastin [...]