Classic Wedding Ideas

Adam and Ashley were together for over eight years, so needless to say, she has been dreaming about their wedding together for quite some time. She has changed her mind as often as the wedding trends have changed. So, when the time finally came to actually plan their dream wedding, they both agreed that they wanted a romantic, timeless classic wedding.

Read on to hear more from Ashley and to see more classic wedding ideas visit the full gallery. All of this prettiness was photographed by Austin Gros.

From Ashley:

We knew from the get go that our wedding was going to be on a budget and lots of DIY projects, but not a detail left out! The ceremony site was the first decision we made… Ault Park Rose Garden. The garden is so beautiful that no decor was needed and along with the beautiful music my brother William played, it made the perfect setting for our wedding. Then we found the location of the reception, The Carnegie Event Center. The Carnegie was an old library and had so much charm. It was just the perfect size for our 90 guests and I loved all the original historic detail it had to offer. I started going to local thrift stores and collecting glass vases and wood picture frames. The signs and menus I just made on my computer. We bought the flowers wholesale and two days before the wedding, with the help of my wonderful family and bridal party, we made all the flower arrangements, bouquets, boutonnieres and decorated. I wanted a very whimsical and romantic feel with the flowers and decor. Everything was ivory with gold or wood accents and lots of candles. Being from Texas, I wanted to bring a little of that to our Ohio wedding. The food had a Mexican flare to it and my dad had Dr. Pepper shipped up from the Dublin, TX factory where they still use pure sugar cane and package in glass bottles to give as our favors!! The reception was a blast and we danced the night away with our friends and family!

I found our amazing photographer Austin Gros after hours of searching wedding blogs, and was the searching ever worth it! Austin truly captured what a special day it was for us and we will always be able to remember the special moments of our wedding day looking through these photos for years to come.

View Entire Gallery

Photographer: Austin Gros
Venue: Ault Park
Hair: Monroe at Mi Salon
Cake: A Spoon Fulla Sugar
Caterer: Funky’s
Cinematography: Iconography Video Services
Dress Designer: Monique Lhuillier
Flowers: The Secret Garden
Groom’s Attire: J Crew
DJ: Drew Bryant

Comments

1. 0. kalanicut says:

Ah, classic. I love it. They will not be cringing in 10 years when they look back at their photos.

2. Love how simple and yet elegant the table setting is! The detail shots are absolutely to die for!

3. 0. Matt says:

Very nice, love the classic style!

4. 0. Jillian says:

What a gorgeous couple! Any idea where the bride purchased her earrings?

5. 0. Brittany says:

ooh, I love the shoes! Where are they from?

6. 0. Ashley Brokop says:

So nice to see a classic wedding. I look forward to every wedding I shoot that isn’t saturated with tons of “vintage” these days. Very classy!!!

7. 0. Jenna says:

I would love to know where the bride got her shoes as well!!

8. 0. Steph says:

Those earrings are gorgeous! I’d love to know where they are from.

9. 0. Ashley Reichard says:

Hi there! I’m the Bride….
    Thanks for all the kind comments!
    The earring I actually rented from http://www.renttherunway.com
    and the shoes are Jessica Simpson.
    Also the union jack socks are from Urban Outifitters:-)

10. 0. Debbie says:

This beautiful bride, is my niece, I have watched her grow into the beautiful woman she is today absolutely beautiful wedding pics,gorgeous groom also.

11. 0. Alli says:

Love her earrings! Where are they from?

12. 0. Stephanie says:

You are a stunningly beautiful bride :) the first picture of you made my eyes go wide!

This is a truly lovely classical wedding. I agree with the ‘vintage overload’ thing. Whilst I want old fashioned touches at my wedding because I’m a rustic sort of girl, I hate that old fashioned always seems to mean polka dot everything and wicker hearts. Your wedding is timelessly elegant but still unique! Definitely the nicest photoshoot I’ve seen recently. Will be taking inspiration. Wishing you the best :)

13. 0. Julie says:

Where are the earrings from?? Looking all over! Thanks!!

14. you’re truly a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is incredible.
    It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece.
    you’ve done a wonderful process on this matter!

15. 0. Lynn Kistner says:

I LOVE those shoes!! What brand/ where can i get them?? Need ASAP!

16. 0. Lynn Kistner says:

I know the shoes are JEssica SImpson but does anyone know what the style name is???

1. [...] Photography by Austin Gros via Wedding Chicks [...]

2. [...] haut en bas: Austin Gros via Source - Garmendia Photography via Source - Della Bass via [...]