Purple Wedding Ideas

Purple really brings a feeling of elegance and beauty. This rich color can be paired with almost any color to make the perfect wedding color palette.

We are loving how our next bride combined this regal color with soft hues of pinks and greens at her relaxed Pennsylvanian garden wedding. Photographed by one of our favorites, Pat Furey Photography. There are more lovely purple wedding ideas in the full wedding gallery for you to peruse.

From The Bride Jocelyn:

Our shutter door escort card holder was actually our florist’s idea, they provided the shutter and placed small votives with flowers around our escort cards. It worked really well with our venue because of the vintage/country feel of the garden where our cocktail hour took place. For our favors, I bought small kraft boxes and stuffed them with moss and 2 daffodil bulbs, then stamped with a custom stamp we had made reading “love blooms” and our monogram. We thought it was a cute idea for our late summer/fall wedding so guests can plant them before winter and have something to remember our wedding by.  I collected vintage photos of our parents and granparents and framed them to display on our guest book table. Our guest book was actually an address box I found on Etsy that was created in our colors.

Photographer: Pat Furey Photography
Event Design & Florals: Dawn Clark, A Garden Party Floral Creations
Venue: Appleford Estate, Villanova, PA
Makeup: Cheekadee, Philadelphia, PA
Shoe Designer: Badgley Mischka
Cupcakes: Iced by Betsy
Dress: Romona Keveza
Caterer :Sage Catering (Berwyn, PA)
Hair : Mckenzie Hughes

Comments

1. We heart purple! Beautiful wedding!

2. 0. pat furey says:

thanks for the love! always an honor to be on the wedding chicks. jocelyn and ash were great, too. :)

3. 0. Dustin says:

The flowers in this wedding are fantastic! I really like the color combinations and setup.

4. 0. MissesDressy says:

That shutter door escort card holder is pure brilliant! And the cupcakes are such a fresh and eye-popping new take on the traditional wedding cake. We’re obsessed with wedding pics, especially when it comes to bridal fashion. Take a peek at our current couture here Misses Dressy

xx
    Misses Dressy

5. 0. Tiffany says:

The Pat Furey Photography links are directed to A Garden Party Floral Creations. Beautiful photography and flowers though! :)

6. 0. Alyce says:

Does anyone know where the bridesmaids dresses came from?

7. 0. Jocelyn - Bride says:

Alyce – The bridesmaids dresses are Amsale. We got them at Bijou Bridal in Ardmore, PA. :)

8. 0. Damaris says:

I absolutely fell in love with this wedding, so pretty Jocelyn!

9. 0. Alyce says:

Thank you so much. Beautiful dresses and beautiful wedding

10. 0. Dawn says:

Thanks for the love! We LOVED working on these flowers…gorgeous colors for our gorgeous bride :) The pictures are amazing, thanks for sharing them on http://www.weddingchicks.com!

11. 0. Sarah says:

Oh wow! Purple is my favourite colour and I am currently working out how to work it into my own wedding, which is still a few months away. The flowers are just beautiful! Congratulations!!!

12. 0. Melanie says:

When was this wedding held? Because it looks much more springlike than autumn. Very very pretty. I love the wisteria.

I was expecting “blaring purple” when I red the title, but these are more a smoky lavender…love it.

13. 0. Emily says:

I absolutley love all your bridesmaid dresses!Whose the designer?

14. 0. gillian says:

Hi There Jocelyn! My best friend is getting married and these bridesmaids dresses caught our eyes! I see they are from Amsale, do you know who the designer was?
    thanks!
    -gillian

15. 0. Liz Shockley says:

Hi Gillian,
    I just saw your post and it looks like the dress is by Romona Keveza.

16. 0. Annalisa says:

the cake idea is awesome

17. 0. Ruth says:

What color are the bridesmaids dresses?

18. 0. Jennifer Petersen says:

I love your earrings Jocelyn! Where did you buy them?

19. 0. Rose says:

I LOVE your dress as well as your bridesmaids dresses! where did you find them? what’s the name of the color you chose?

20. 0. Jessica Fusiek says:

Where was that address box purchased from etsy?

21. 0. Kat says:

The wedding photos are exquisite! I am a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding and we are trying to find lavender/light purple dresses. She really likes the ones in the bridal party above, so if someone knows where the bride found the dresses and would be willing to share, we would be very grateful! thanks!

22. 0. promstreet says:

I gave her a description of each of them, along with the dress each of the girls picked out for the wedding and she’s designing a set to match each dress AND personality!

23. Beautiful wedding! We “Pinned” some of these gorgeous photos onto our Purple Wedding Ideas Inspiration Board.

24. 0. Laura Piccione says:

Hi, I love your wedding colors. Everything is so beautiful. Where did your bridesmaid dresses come from? What color are they? I want to have coral and a purple.
    Thanks, Laura

25. 0. Chelsea says:

I absolutely LOVE the flowers in this wedding. I’m not much of a flower expert-what are all the types included in the bouquet?

26. 0. Vannessa says:

Hi,

I’m getting married next June and I’ve been trying to find bridesmaid dresses and purple is my color and I love these ones. Where did you get them or where could I find them?

27. 0. AShley says:

I am in love with your dress! What designer made it? I am going to try on dresses Friday and would love to try this one! It’s exactly what I am looking for!

28. 0. cheryl says:

could you please tell me where to find those purple bridesmaid dresses my daughter is having a vintage wedding in the spring and purple is her color

thank you and you had a beautiful wedding
    cheryl

29. I love purple and all shades of it. Great detail images.

30. 0. Emma@Fashion says:

My favourite color is purple!

31. 0. OKdress UK says:

Purple is very beautiful color!

32. If done correctly, you can lose 2 to 4 pounds in just a single day.
    Many weighing counselors and internet sites, talk about exercise and other physical activities like participating in outdoor games and sports.
    Irrespective of the claims of advertisers that the dangers of weight loss injections
    are limited, it is better to follow a healthy, high protein, and well
    balanced eating plan.

33. One function of the bustle and the hoopskirt was to make
    the waist look smaller and to enhance the bust. Laughter,
    smiles and playfulness were the norm for his photos, but it was not in fashion photography.
    Broadband and problematic stunts are their pastime right now.

34. Among the girl favored celebrity gems include the girl anklet bracelets (which
    turned out to be known as ‘Jacqueline bracelets’). And while you’re at it, choose
    the ones that are tailored with quality. Designer baby
    clothes, baby accessories, baby shoes and toddler items are not the only products available in celebrity fashion wear
    for infants.

35. First of all whenever you opt for weight loss measures the most important thing that you require is the motivation which
    is very difficult to get at home. It is proven to reduce
    most people’s weight by a pound a day, and when I read about that,
    I called immediately. Whenever lowering the food consumption,
    it is important a thief lessen your usage a little bit.

36. You would be right depending on your understanding of certain points.
    Vitamin E is particularly beneficial, promoting healing, good
    blood circulation, and fortified capillary walls.

It becomes difficult to treat these scars and therefore acne must be treated with the help of oral drugs and
    topical creams and lotions.

1. [...] sisters!  We were published on several blogs, including Style Me Pretty, Glamour and Grace, and The Wedding Chicks.  We were also awarded The Knot Best of 2011 and Wedding Wire’s 2011 Brides Choice.  While [...]

2. [...] Wedding Chicks, encore wedding Chicks,  toujours Wedding Chicks, et Wedding Chicks,  puis Wedding Chicks,  Martha Stewart Wedding, Every Last Detail, encore [...]

3. [...] Design by A Garden Party Floral Creations via Wedding Chicks [...]

4. [...] Ruffled Blog  2.) Tulle and Chantilly   3.)  Wedding Chicks  4.) A City Wedding   5.)  Julie C. Butler Photography  6.)  Wed Society  7.) Wedding [...]

5. […] Image Credits:1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 […]