plumprettysugarrobes

Handstitched Anthropologie Wedding

Being a display designer for Anthropologie naturally inspired our next bride, PJ, to design a wedding with handmade and whimsical details on a very reasonable budget.

Lucky for you, PJ now designs handmade weddings over at Going Lovely. Adorable name..right? Read on to hear more about this lovely wedding that was captured by Emily Blake Photography. There are ton more details to see in the full wedding gallery.

From PJ:

We chose to have our wedding at Strawberry Farms in Irvine because it’s in the city where we went to college and met. We created a spreadsheet of all the decorations we wanted to have at our wedding, followed by a completion date, a budget, and helpers. This really helped us stay organized and on track with making the decor without getting too stressed out! Andrew was the best DIY partner and our family and friends were so helpful throughout the planning process. They were happy to join us and help with making anything that had to be mass produced, like canning homemade jam for our favors, sewing the burlap table runners, and building wood planters for our centerpieces.

My favorite part of the day was when the doors of the barn were pulled back and we walked in for the first time as Mr. & Mrs. I loved seeing our guests excited and already having a good time! It was also wonderful to see our vision for the wedding come to life. My mom’s friend, EJ, did such an amazing job designing our floral centerpieces. They were gorgeous and she incorporated my love for succulents! Andrew’s favorite part of the day was the dance party, where he surprised everyone with a fun dance routine during the garter toss.

Words Of Advice:

Don’t hesitate to call in favors and ask for help. We reached out to our friends and family for things that we would normally have to hire a vendor for, and they were more than happy to help and be a part of our special day! Everyone did such an amazing job on their assigned tasks and were such a blessing to us. We couldn’t have made it happen without them.

Photographer: Emily Blake
Event Design: PJ Dunn
Venue: Strawberry Farms
Dress Designer: Bella Bridesmaids
Floral Design: California and Florist
Groom’s Attire: Nordstroms
Jewelry: David Yurman
Shoe Designer: JCrew
Hair: Christine Choi
Makeup: Jill Kobbervig
Desserts: Happy Bakery

Comments

1. 0. Katie says:

Beautiful pictures! I’m loving all the flowers they look lovely!

2. 0. Rhiannon says:

So cute! I especially love the seating chart :) We had an identical homemade one at our wedding!! xoxo

3. 0. Josie says:

Just stunning.

4. 0. Kathy Dunn says:

Of course, I’m partial, but what a lovely day that was! The attention to detail made it even more special.

5. 0. weddingchicks says:

We are so thrilled to share this wedding! We knew that our readers would love it and be inspired by PJ, a display designer for Anthropologie! Thank you for sharing it with us!

6. 0. Feuza says:

so fun , love the anniversary notes

7. VERY cute Emily! Great work =) Love the picture frame image! SO many fabulous details!!

8. 0. Sarah says:

I am in love with this wedding! I love the idea of having succulents as boutonnieres. The flower girl and ring bearer may be the cutest children I have ever seen!

9. absolutely loving the mismatched bowties!

10. 0. Vy says:

What a gorgeous wedding! Amazing photographs and documentation and stunning bride and decorations!

11. Gorgeous, I love all those different coloured bow-ties, too cute.

12. 0. Jule says:

I love lots of things about this wedding. Everything is gorgeous. I especially like the “Leave An Anniversary Note” table. This is very clever and it takes the traditional guest book a step further. Lovely!

13. 0. Emily says:

Thanks everybody! And thank you PJ for having such a beautiful wedding!

14. 0. Kelly says:

The Anthropologie style is awesome. Great wedding.

15. all of the details are just perfect – love the succulents, too!

16. 0. Spring Tenney says:

Beautiful wedding. It was perfect, down to every last detail. I love your style.

17. 0. Crystal says:

Prettiest sister in the world! Everything was perfect!

18. 0. megan says:

so gorgeous! i love the succulent bouttaineiers and the home-made photo booth! so clever!

19. 0. Teiona Yoko says:

Peaj, you did such an AMAZING job and I’m still blown away with all the hard work and detail you put into your special day! Can’t wait to have you design and plan for me!

20. 0. Mandy Dobbelmann says:

SO fresh & unique!! I love your style!!

21. 0. dino says:

Oh peaj! So pretty! You’re wedding was awesome and so much fun. Marjorie never wanted to leave that dance floor and I’m surprised Andrew did too.

22. 0. christine says:

woooooowwww everything loooks so amazing! very unique and well handcrafted. im so happy i was a part of it :)

23. Gorgeous wedding…I love all of the unique touches and also how the grooms(men) bowties are so fashionable!

24. 0. PJ Dunn says:

Thank you wedding chicks for featuring my wedding! I am so excited to be here :) Thank you Emily for being such a wonderful photographer, we absolutely love the way the pictures came out. Thank you everyone for your kind words!

25. 0. Ashley says:

Fantastically sweet! :)

26. 0. mia says:

perfection :) a gorgeous wedding all thanks to pj’s amazing design sensibilities and attention to detail. her charming character was exemplified and enhanced by her unique touches all around. i felt like i was in the middle of a photo shoot the entire wedding! a definite inspiration and a lovely event to attend!

27. 0. Catherine Tran says:

Well done. WELL. DONE.

28. 0. Candice says:

Utterly whimsical. <3

29. 0. Rosemary Fong says:

My PJ is pretty.

30. 0. michele says:

love the succulents!

really gorgeous wedding. you did a great job pj!

31. 0. Jamie says:

PJ, your wedding is what I only dream of my wedding to look like someday. I love the color scheme & all the personal crafts gone into the wedding, so beautiful & it all looks so effortless!

32. 0. Angela says:

This is the wedding I dream about!

33. 0. Raquel says:

What a beautiful couple and wedding! One of the things that stands out to me is that they were sincerely representing their own style and essence. From the attire to the location and flowers. Beautiful details!

34. 0. Tara Lee says:

Beautiful wedding! Bringing in the rustic and harkening to a style of years gone by with clean, contemporary feel was really well done. It set a lovely, warm tone without ever feeling dated. Everything from cactus arrangements on lapels to touches of strawberries in the reception – just right.

35. 0. Michelle D. says:

Photos look great! Love helping out and being there for you two!

36. 0. Nicky says:

What a beautiful wedding and a beautiful bride! PJ, you are so talented – I’m looking forward to seeing more of your designs on your website! =D

37. 0. Shela-lyn Boxberger says:

What a lovely day. May I ask what were what looked like little burlap bags on all of the chairs in the aisle? It looks like you went every other row with a jar of flowers but I can’t make out what the burlap looking bags were on each row. Thanks.

1. [...] always so creative and inspiring. So imagine how delighted I was to find this wedding album on The Wedding Chicks of one of Anthro’s window display designers. It’s very DIY and so beautiful; my [...]

2. [...] wedding was featured this past week on The Wedding Chicks! Visit the site to see the entire blog post and [...]

3. [...]  (I think if I did it on mine my husband would be a bit confused…) enjoy:    Source: weddingchicks.com via Olivia on Pinterest   Source: stylemepretty.com via Olivia on Pinterest   Source: [...]

4. [...] honor to recently be feature on The Wedding Chicks for the beautiful wedding of PJ and Andrew! Go here to see the feature.  Much thanks to PJ and Andrew for having an awesome wedding and to The [...]

5. [...] by Emily Blake Photography via Wedding Chicks via Fuck Yeah Wedding [...]

6. [...] Street via Ruffled | Floret Cadet | California and Florist and Emily Blake  via The Wedding ChicksI love bringing the outside in when it comes to the wedding tables, and with succulent plants you [...]