Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower, a party or whenever. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.
These Do It Yourself Easy Eco Friendly Place Settings and Favors are easy to put together, stylish, colorful, and what’s better than incorporating a little “green” into your wedding day? Plus they are only $6 a favor and guests can actually bring them home and enjoy them long after the wedding. See more clever do-it-yourself wedding projects here.
1. Recycled Paper Scissors
2. Any small potted plant
3. Potting Gloves
4. Potting shovel (if needed)
5. Twine Hole Puncher
6. Small Terracotta Pot
1. Start off by planting one of your flower/herb plants into the small Terracotta pot.
2. Print your saying of choice on your recycled paper. We used “Please plant this flower to remember our day and watch our love blossom in your garden everyday”
Once printed, cut into small strips.
3. Using the hole puncher, punch a hole in the top left corner of the strip. Cut the twine to desired length (determined by how many times you wish to wrap around the pot).
4. Cut the twine to desired length (determined by how many times you wish to wrap around the pot).
Last but not least, wrap twine around the pot and tie off in the front, making a bow, and place at each place setting. A special thanks to Hilton Pittman Photography and Viva L’Event for this adorable wedding do-it-yourself project.