PPS-FW14-SIG-550X430A

Nena’s 99 Red Balloons Engagement Shoot

We can all agree that Nena’s 99 Red Balloons is a pretty great song. It also happens to be the inspiration for our next engagement shoot. When Heather heard the song she knew that it was the perfect theme for their engagement shoot. The bride and groom are both actually circus performers who found love. Their story is rather cute and you can read all about it by clicking here.

There are so many more darling photos that you must see. Click here to view all of them.

Photographer: Heather Gemmer, Gemmer Photography

Event Design: Heather Gemmer & Rachael Driscoll
Dress Designer: Raleigh Vintage
Groom’s Attire: Bowtie from Divine Domestication
Shoe Designer: Vintage 40′s shoes from Commissar
Balloons: Balloons On Broadway
Venue: St. John’s Bridge Portland, Oregon

Comments

1. 0. Jennifer Macy says:

Great shoot! As soon as I saw the first pic I thought “That HAS to be St. John’s Bridge!” So iconic and perfect with the balloons! Love it!

2. So perfect! I love how the red balloons add so much warmth into the pictures :D

3. 0. Natalie says:

AMAZING!!! This is my favorite bridge it Portland. The bridge alone is striking, add to that this lovely couple and those red balloons and it’s magic!

4. 0. Adam says:

Stunning!

5. 0. Liesl says:

Love, love, love the balloons! I really want to incorporate them in my upcoming engagement photo session!

Liesl :)

6. 0. Lisa says:

Gorgeous. I love these! So inspiring.

7. 0. Rachael D. says:

I love the way these turned out!

8. Wow! The balloons are such a great touch and the bridge location is awesome. These pics feel so fun and romantic! How did they manage to get the bridge cleared of traffic for the photos???

9. ooo…I’m just so honored that our sweet 99 red balloons-themed engagement session was posted here!! this is heather of gemmer photography! thank you for all of the comment-love!! michelle…we planned this shoot for dawn on a lazy sunday morning there was traffic, but we just ran back and forth and waited for the right moments {smile} the things we do for ‘the shot’! thank you all so much!!

10. 0. Nancy Trowbridge says:

These photos are so unique and creative. Love the way you can ‘see’ the bride and groom’s personalities! GREAT JOB!

11. 0. Sandi says:

Wonderful – creative. Lucky couple

12. Love the St John’s Bride! I shot a super fun offbeat wedding under the bridge last year. http://www.ericaannphotography.com/blog/2010/08/amanda-and-simran-portland-wedding/

13. 0. Kim says:

LOVE this shoot! These photots are so beautiful! :)

14. 0. Karin says:

What a beautiful shoot! Love the bridge and the red balloons.

15. 0. melissa waddell says:

amazingly beautiful photographs! very well done!

16. 0. Victoria says:

I love that you did the photo session ON TOP of the bridge instead of UNDER the bridge! Being a girl from Portland sessions under the bridge are overrated and cliche. You are so creative and talented, you must be new here!

17. 0. Terri Linden says:

WOW!!! Utterly beautiful photos! Well done!! Such a great venue… LOVE the balloons. You are one very talented photographer!

18. Captivating photos. Such warmth in them. My fave is the one where the lights are glowy…but I really thought your perspective was just perfect! :) They are the perfect amount of quirky-cute for the color of the bridge & the red pop of color! Sooo glad this was posted. :)

19. 0. Emma Ellis says:

Beautiful shots! Can’t wait to see their wedding photos :)

20. 0. Akina & Tyler says:

these are so elegant and creative! thank you! thank you! so much fun and many lovely memories

21. 0. Caitlin says:

Perfect color and lighting. I love the vintage feel of the shots, and how well it captures the Portland feel. Beautiful!

22. You’re so lucky to have such a cute, creative and unique engagement photo shoot. I’m jealous but at the same really happy for the both you. Cure couple!

1. [...] Massachusetts Organic Farm Wedding ♥ Nena’s 99 Red Balloons Engagement Shoot ♥ The Corpse Bride Cosplay ♥ Handmade Illinois Wedding ♥ High Fashion Wedding [...]

2. [...] Inspired by this, Jonathon Ong, Wedding Chics, The Bride’s Cafe, Snippet and ink, Grey likes weddings,  Lisa Devlin Compártelo! Pin [...]