Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower or party. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.
These elegant White Lily Do It Yourself Wedding Bouquets can be easily personalized and you can start today. So simple and tasteful. Check out our other Do It Yourself Wedding Flowers projects here.
20 stems of lilies
a cardboard tube 8″-10″
a cardboard circle with a hole in the middle (we used an old ribbon spool)
2′ of a satin ribbon
2′ of a lace ribbon
a low to medium temperature glue gun and glue
1. Starting at the bottom of the cardboard tube put a dot of glue and attach the end of your satin ribbon.
2. Wrap the ribbon around the entire tube and secure it at the top with another dot of glue. Cut off the access ribbon.
3. Using the lace ribbon repeat steps 1 and 2.
5. Remove the pedals from all but one of the lilies. Choose the biggest most unique bloom to save for the middle of the bouquet.
6. Put glue on the bottom back of your lily pedal and gently press it to the outer edge of your cardboard circle. Repeat this step until you have gone completely around.
7. Moving in toward the center you will repeat the same process until the entire cardboard cutout is covered.
8. Turn the bouquet upside down and sit it on a glass (this will help to hold the flower while you cover the bottom).
9. Put glue on the bottom front of your lily pedal and gently press it to the outer edge of the bottom of the cardboard cutout. Repeat this step until you have gone completely around.
10. Moving in toward the center you will repeat the same process leaving enough room in the middle to attach the bouquet holder.
11. Run a bead of glue along the top edge of your bouquet holder and secure it to the bottom center of the bouquet. Let this dry adding more glue for security if necessary.
12. Take the saved lily bloom and put glue where the pedals meet the stem. Drop this into the top center of the bouquet. Let dry adding more glue if necessary
13. Take the broach and glue it to the center of the ribbon wrapped tube.