Sweet & Chic Shabby Chic Wedding

Ready for a touching backyard wedding? Napa Valley wedding photographer, Marin Kristine Photography captured this touching wedding.

The wedding took place at the bride’s parents home. They got married underneath a big old cotton wood tree at sunset. The old rickety furniture, desks, dressers, frames, and doors were found around the barn, parents home and grandmas home. Everything was an heirloom from within the family and passed down to celebrate the day. Along with each tea pot, hairbrush, old tin, scale, typewriter and everything else you see.

Napa Valley wedding photographer, Marin Kristine Photography is a preferred vendor and proud sponsor of The Wedding Chicks.

Read on to hear more touching moments to this incredible wedding from Marin Kristine Photography.

The bride designed (and personally made) her bird cake toppers by hand. She personally made the wedding favors of grape jam. Her father made the frames and doorways that they passed under to go into the ceremony and reception sites. The groom’s cousin (Amanda) made the garlands that draped over the doorways, assembled every bouquet, styled the event to perfection, and coordinated the wedding.

Another special, yet tragic unfortunate event that occurred was one of the groomsmen (best friend to the groom) was killed 2 days before the wedding in a car accident. A chair/bouquet was placed at the ceremony site in his honor and in remembrance of him. He was spoken of during the wedding ceremony, and given toasts during the reception.

It was a bittersweet wedding filled with sadness and joy. They remembered him, cried for him, and had moments of silence. It was (in a way) a memorial and wedding at the same time. There were so many moments of joy and laughter as friends came together, just to find moments later tears being shed and hugs exchanged between them all.

Location: Winters, CA (Backyard Wedding)
Cake: Solono Baking Company
Coordinator/Florist: Amanda Dannenberg
Photographer: Marin Kristine Photography

Comments

1. 0. Jennifer says:

Loved Loved Loved my wedding!!! Thank you to Marin and Amanda! You girls are amazing :)

2. 0. True Blind Faith says:

I love the door frames and their beautiful florals and the cake set on the vintage stove is superb!

3. 0. Thelma says:

Loved every pic.Very sad they lost a good friend in a tragic accident days before the wedding but beautiful how they honored him

4. 0. Marin Kristine says:

This wedding was absolutely stunning, and such an honor to photograph. The details alone by BLUSH LLC (Amanda Dannenburg) blew my mind. I arrived at the wedding with a giddy smile on my face and like a kid in a candy shop. I started running around trying to capture all the details that I could and yet there are probably a few small things about this backyard wedding that I still missed. Jenni and Justin are a perfect match, and I am so blessed to have been chosen to capture their day.

5. 0. Mindy A says:

This is beyond beautiful. And every single details takes your breath away. Great job Marin and every one involved.

6. 0. Madison Justine says:

This is such a beautiful wedding, and I love her cute little tea length dress. Marin you captured this wedding perfectly.

7. 0. Charis Warrell says:

these photos are stunning! I love them. Love your blog too… its beautiful! x

8. 0. Dessert Darling says:

These photos are gorgeous.. so whispy and romantic.. Beautiful wedding all around.
    Glad I found Marin Kristine via the Wedding Chicks on Twitter!

9. 0. lane dittoe says:

Very nice!!

10. 0. Minden Bouwman says:

Fabulous in every way! Such a perfect wedding, love the old door frames and cute little bird cake toppers. GREAT IDEAS, thank you.

11. 0. David Zavala says:

Simply amazing. Marin you have done it again, I’m so jealous that you are so talented and hot!!! I’m so grateful and proud to be your husband.

12. So many amazing details! Such a beautiful wedding!

13. 0. Amanda Dannenberg says:

It was such a pleasure working with Jenni and Marin to bring this event together. Their creativity and hard work, along with the hard work of all of the bride and groom’s family, helped to make this day such a success! We spent months collecting from everyone in the family, from furniture to silver to lace curtains and sheets. We were able to create a beautiful and personalized event that incorporated heirlooms from both sides of the family. I appreciate the creative opportunity, and I love what I do!
    Amanda Dannenberg
    Blush LLC
    amandadannenberg@blushllc.com

14. 0. Karen says:

The wedding venue was truly amazing…just like in storybooks! The bride was beautiful, the ceremony was very personal, and the decorations were spectacular. And, the groom’s father moved the ceremony from somber to light-hearted by standing and calling, “Justin, there’s a deer!” Last, but not least, the photographer truly captured the day for everyone to enjoy.

15. 0. adina zerwig says:

WOW what a beautiful wedding! I love every detail… makes me want to have a wedding all over again. I love the lighting in the pictures. Marin, I think you captured this day perfectly!

16. 0. Posh Shoppe Florist says:

I have worked with Amanda owner of Blush on many weddings, baby showers and private parties. She is absolutely AMAZING. When she contacts me about doing flowers for an event she is planning I know that there is something wonderful brewing. Her background in floral design and being an interior designer makes the design aspect of any event flow so smoothly. She is the perfect balance of romance and practicality. The amount of time and creativity that goes into every detail blows me away every time. After seeing the photos I don’t think they could have found a better photographer, the shots are mind blowing. Marin great job! Amanda I look forward to doing many more events with you in the future. Seeing this work only insures what I already knew, YOU ARE AMAZING! -Posh Shoppe Florist, Sacramento Ca.

17. 0. Kelly M says:

Absolutely Amazing!
    The family pulled their heirlooms together, Blush staged this event and Marin Kristine came in and gave it what she always does.
    THE “WOW” FACTOR!!
    Marin, thank you for sharing your gift.

18. I really like that bouquet. More formal designs are great too but I prefer t a bouquet that is bursting with color and texture.

19. 0. Kathleen Stone says:

Beautiful wedding! every moment was captured by the photographer! Precious pictures and so many memories to have for years to come! Great Job All!

20. 0. Emily says:

Yay Marin! This wedding is amazing!

21. 0. Jacob says:

I love the idea of the door frames. That is so original and creative!

22. This wedding is SO beautiful. I love love love it. And it’s so nice that it was at their personal property. So heartbreaking about the groomsman… I know he was there in spirit though.

Beautiful work, Marin!!

23. 0. Courtney says:

Does anyone know who her dress designer is???

24. 0. Jennifer says:

I got the dress at Davids Bridal. Oleg Cassini is the designer

25. 0. Denise says:

This wedding was beyond gorgeous. The setting was truly unique, beauty at every turn. Only in a storybook, could you find a tree like that, to be wed under. Amanda took Jenni’s dream AND theme & adorned, transformed, embellished, making every vignette magical. Her talent with staging & floral is amazing. There’s no doubt, it would be every photographers dream. Marin captured these beautiful details, but it’s the emotion of sadness, joy, laughter, and Justin & Jenni’s love for each other, that made her photos a stand-out. Above all, this wedding touched hearts.

26. 0. Arlene says:

This wedding is so gorgeous . Amanda with Blush is planning my wedding and seeing the final product like this makes me realize she definitely has everything under control. I love the detail and emotion that Marin was able to show in the photographs. Very nice job ladies!!

27. 0. Brianna says:

LOVE the door frame. Wish I had done that at my wedding! Everything is b-utiful!

28. 0. Lynn says:

The detail and planning is by far the most superior part of this wedding. Great job to the wedding planner you did great!

29. 0. Lisa Wasko says:

What beautiful photographs! You are so talented! The colors, emotions, every detail is gorgeous!

30. Great post! We will be linking too this particularly great
    article on our site. Keep up the great writing.

1. [...] Sweet  chic shabby chic wedding.—> amazing [...]

2. [...] if you would like to view more from Justin and Jenni’s fabulous backyard DIY wedding, visit The Wedding Chicks to view their post. Or you can see more from their wedding on my blog [...]