All DIY Projects

Do It Yourself Pretty Patterned Fabric Envelopes

Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower, a party or whenever. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.

These Do It Yourself Pretty Patterned Fabric Envelopes are the perfect little touch to your invites. Use your own special fabric and a lovely, patterned paper. Your guests will be amazed. See more clever do-it-yourself wedding projects here.

Supplies
1. Plain envelopes (5″x 7″)
2. Fabric glue
3. Pencil, Scissors, Ruler (optional)
4. Ribbon
5. A piece of square fabric (8″x 8″)
6. Patterned paper

To make cloth inner envelope:
1. Cut a square piece of fabric (8″x 8″) and lightly mark the center of fabric (on the un-patterned side).
2. Fold two opposing sides into center of the square and make a good crisp crease and be sure to fold the bottom point so that the tip is half an inch above the center point and make a good crisp crease.

3. Use fabric glue to attach the edges of the two sides and bottom point together.
4. Once the 8″x8″ piece of fabric is folded, wrap it in ribbon for a special touch of detail. It will fit perfectly into the 5×7 outer envelope.

To decorate the plain outer envelope, simply cut a diamond shape out of patterned paper (measuring 5″ on each side), lift envelope flap and glue diamond cut-out horizontally onto inside of envelope. If you love the fabric that Hilton Pittman Photography used, it’s this pretty “Spot on Azalea” fabric from, Printer’s Alley.

Special thanks to our North Carolina Photographers, Hilton Pittman Photography for this crafty DIY!

Categories: All DIY Projects
Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

1. 0. weddingchicks says:

so adorable! (:

2. 0. Leslie T. says:

Neat idea! I’d love to do this for my wedding invites.

3. 0. Annie says:

What a clever idea~ Thank you HP Photography and W.C. for the great gift suggestions. I look forward to more! So happy that we’ll be seeing more of these “gurus”!

4. GREAT DIY I love the patterns!

5. 0. Lynn says:

I love your site. So many wonderful ideas.

Lynn

6. 0. Molly Kate says:

I think anyone would be excited to receive one of these beauties. Great job!

7. 0. Morgan Hendricks says:

This is such a cute idea and I have been having the hardest time deciding on envelopes for my invites. I think I am definitely going to be doing this and use a simple outer envelope! Check out my homemade invites and send any ideas my way :) http://luckyinlove2.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-invitation-suites.html

8. 0. SarahMcKenzie says:

Such a great idea!

9. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude!
    Many thanks, However I am going through problems with your RSS.
    I don’t understand the reason why I can’t join it. Is there anybody getting similar RSS
    problems? Anyone who knows the solution will you kindly respond?

Thanks!!

10. 0. Delilah says:

Cute

11. My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web
    address and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so
    now i’m following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page again.

12. 0. funny puppy says:

I leave a response each time I especially enjoy a
    article on a blog or I have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation.
    It is caused by the fire communicated in the article I looked at.
    And on this post Do It Yourself Pretty Patterned Fabric Envelopes.
    I was excited enough to leave a thought :) I actually do have some questions for you
    if you don’t mind. Is it just me or do some of these responses look like they are left by brain dead folks?
    :-P And, if you are writing on other social sites, I’d like to follow you.
    Could you make a list the complete urls of all
    your community pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed,
    or linkedin profile?

1. [...] 1. Fabric envelopes by The Wedding Chicks [...]

2. [...] E não é nada difícil de fazer! Confira o tutorial completo no blog Weddings Chicks. [...]