Plum Pretty Sugar

Budget Friendly Backyard Wedding

Athena and Jeremy wanted their wedding to reflect who they are as a couple and stick to their budget. Athena found her dress at a small boutique in Eastern Washington a month before the wedding. It was the only dress she tried on and of course it fit perfectly. Talk about meant to be!

In order to stick to their budget, they choose a friend’s backyard for the celebration. Athena and Jeremy wanted that family picnic feeling, so they used a friend’s collection of vintage table cloths and mason jars for vases. The flowers for the vases and wedding were purchased from Pike’s Place Market that morning by family and friends. The whole day turned out perfectly and was beautifully captured by The Leekers.

The bride and groom decided to have friends leave a fingerprint on their wedding tree in two shades of green. They had it framed and is currently hanging in their living room, a sweet reminder of their lovely day! A fun and unique wedding guest book idea that is easy to make and budget friendly.

Photography: The Leekers are Lincoln, NE wedding photographers and preferred vendors of The Wedding Chicks.

Pies: Shoofly Pie
Flowers: Pike’s Market
Jams: homemade strawberry jam
Dress & rings: vintage
Location: Seattle, Washington backyard wedding

Comments

1. i heart this wedding. so simple, but yet, so beautiful. a good friend of mine is doing a similar guest book, i’ll have to let her know how nice yours turned out!

2. 0. Cheryl says:

Love this it is so you!!!

3. 0. Raquel says:

Adorable wedding!Anyone know where I can get one of those fingerprint wedding tree?

4. 0. Aubrey says:

Thank you for the sweet feature Wedding Chicks! *You can find the fingerprint tree on etsy.com.

5. 0. Aubrey says:
  6. 0. julie says:

love her shoes! any idea who the designer is?

7. What a sweet dress and charming wedding!

8. 0. jennie says:

It was beautiful and glad we got to help out :) Love you guys :)

9. 0. Amanda says:

LOVE this wedding! Kudos for an awesome DIY success. Made to look effortless, but I’m sure a lot of thought and work were involved. I just did my own DIY wedding and was really missing living in Seattle, b/c I remember how amazing the selection and price of the Pike Place flowers are! Lucky girl! :) Congrats! PS>> Gorgeous dress & shoes- you looked beautiful!

10. 0. Romel says:

It’s amazing what can turn out when people work together for those they care about! The little details from the wedding and reception really worked out. The Leekers did an awesome job with pictures! They not only captured the beauty but the heart of the wedding! Glad I was there and was able to share this moment.

11. LOVE that wall of the photos and the table decorations!!

12. 0. Linda Carleton says:

It was a beautiful wedding, and so personal to the couple. I loved it. The Leekers photos are the icing on the cake!

13. 0. Nichole says:

I honestly haven’t been to a more beautiful wedding. It is amazing what can come together when everyone works together.

14. 0. Alicia says:

Whimsical, chic, and fun! Love it!

15. 0. Mariana Maya says:

WOW! Found this while looking for backyard wedding inspiration. Planning my own.. Thanks!

16. 0. Carly says:

This is absolutely adorable! I love when a wedding shows the couple’s personality.

1. [...] I just saw this awesome backyard wedding on Wedding Chicks. [...]

2. [...] art/photography 1.  do a polaroid project  & display it in our house 2.  start an etsy.com shop  *um…. I think I lost my mind when I wrote that.  I need a replacement. *replacement- apartment cure / design (aka purge all unneeded stuff) 3.  visit an art museum 4.  redo an old chair  *I was on a walk this weekend and found a perfect chair for this (in the trash)!  the chair is halfway done. 5. get photos published in a wedding magazine & blog (We got featured by The Wedding Chicks!) [...]