wedding inspiration

Shabby Chic DIY Iowa Wedding

We are suckers for a DIY bride and Tessa is no exception. She literally did everything herself. Tessa wanted a shabby chic theme, and she executed perfectly. The reception was located right in the countryside featuring acres rolling hills all around. Everything Tessa used for her wedding decor was vintage, even the plates were found at an old thrift store. She even thought to have the cake by a mirror and have it read always backwards so that it read correctly in the reflection.  They did not have a typical reception, no dancing or anything of the sorts, just hanging out and having fun! Enjoy this shabby chic wedding from Amanda Basteen Photography.

Photography: Amanda Basteen Photography
Bridesmaid Dress: The Dessy Group

Comments

1. 0. Thelma says:

Love everything about this wedding!

2. 0. Paul Von Rieter says:

Awesome work Amanda!!! these are beautiful!

3. 0. Tessa Hansen says:

:) this made my day!!!! :)

4. 0. Heather says:

Such cute little details everywhere! I love dress too.

5. 0. Casie says:

Oh my gosh I love the plaque with your names and wedding date! Where did you get it!? (please be reading…please be reading…)

6. 0. Tessa Hansen says:

Casie, My aunt owns a country home store and there is a lady that you can order them from at her store….the shop is called Molly’s you can find her shops page on facebook! thank you by the way!

7. Everything is so pretty. Love the homey feel.

8. what fabulous looking wedding! love the DIY touches – love the shabby chic look!

9. 0. Milinda says:

Love the blue shoes, Love the chandilier, Love the furniture, love love love the whole thing! Gorgeous!

10. 0. Dana Laymon says:

this is the darndest cutest shabby chic wedding i’ve ever seen!

11. 0. weddingchicks says:

thank you tessa and amanda for this great feature! love the dessy dresses too. (:

12. 0. AmandaBasteen says:

Thank you Amy & Jocey!! :) And most of all Thank you Tessa for having such a beautiful wedding for me to photograph and for being so amazing!! <3

13. 0. Courtney says:

Love the shoes! Where did you find them?!

14. 0. Aykui says:

Tessa,
    Beautiful wedding and amazing touches. I am in love with your dress. Who makes it?
    thanks!

15. 0. Lizzie says:

This is AMAZING!!! This is exactly how I have invisioned my wedding with a little more country with light yellow and light blue! Great Job! I love the customized sign and I tried finding Molly’s on Facebook and I keep getting bars lol. Is there something in particular I need to type in for the lady’s contact? And where did you get your bride/grooms table?? That is a neat idea to bring in your own table!!

16. What a gorgeous bride.

17. 0. Danielle says:

Love this–makes me want to get married again (to the same man!) just so I can have fun creating!!

18. 0. Sierra Kelly says:

This wedding is so beautiful and the details are simple and creative! I thought the buttons inside the flower on the name cards was very creative!

19. 0. Paul Retherford says:

Impressive for DIY Wedding! Great job and planning. Don’t even want to guess how many hours you have into this day. Well worth every second.

20. 0. Tessa Hansen says:

Thank you everyone!!! Im so happy that I didnt have to spend a fortune to have a wedding that people thought was nice!

Thank you ‘weddingchicks’!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your website…it gave me so many ideas for my own wedding and it is crazy to think that my wedding is now a part of this amazing website!

Thank you Amanda Basteen…I’m so glad I searched and searched until I found you!!! You are an amazing photographer I am so lucky to have had you photograph the biggest day in my life!!

Milinda- Thank you milinda! My chandelier in the picture was just an old lamp shade that i tore the shade part off of exposing the frame…i just had some hydrangeas left over and decided to put them laying across the bottom. :) It was a last minute thing im so glad you liked it!!

Courtney- Thank you so much!!!:) My shoes are Guess shoes that Nick got me a little over a year ago.

Aykui- Thank you…my dress is a discontinued Maggie Sottero dress. Azya Marie is the name of it.

Lizzie- Thank you! Good luck with everything with your wedding!…Haha I’m glad you realized that Molly’s isnt a bar…If you google “Molly’s in Audubon, Iowa” it brings up her facebook page as an option. My table along with the majority of my decor is from the sweetest couple ever!! They re-do old furniture that they buy at auctions and then sell at Molly’s! :) I really hope you can find her page!

Thank you everyone!!! This has definitley made it worth every minute of planning!!!

21. 0. Alyx says:

Wow !!!! LOVELY !!!! I love the photos!!

22. 0. Weddingish says:

Gorgeous! Some nice things coming out of Iowa!

23. 0. penny. LA says:

I grew up in Iowa, so I was very thrilled to see such a fantastic wedding like this posted! Thank you, The Wedding Chicks, for showing Iowa in a beautiful light!

Amanda, this couple and the style of the wedding was captured wonderfully. You an tell it was truly a magical day for everybody involved.

24. 0. Nikki Caringella says:

can i just say… love love love

25. Tessa, what a great job sweetheart! Take your marriage in high regard and cherish it always. What a beautiful couple. I can see the love in your eyes!

26. 0. Jenny says:

love you bridesmaid dresses where did you get them? who made them? im doing grey bridesmaid dresses as well

27. 0. Jenny says:

do you have any more pictures of you wedding you did the colors and theme that I want to do!!

28. 0. Jana hanavan says:

Love the individual cakes, the color, the details–very sweet!

29. 0. Renee says:

Tessa, beautiful wedding! Where did you find your headband/hairpiece?

30. 0. Rachel says:

Where did you get that beautiful headband?

31. 0. anglelafox says:

I can’t help but pin each and every detail. From the happy florals to the vibrant color palette and everything in between, it’s a wedding worth getting lost in for awhile.

1. [...] … via Design Crush Oh so pretty Autumn inspiration … via Grey Likes Weddings Adorable shabby chic wedding…via Wedding Chicks A ridiculously gorgeous, whimsical wedding and part ii is on the way [...]

2. [...] to R: Wedding Paper Divas Dreamy Bubbles invitation, Cake, Dress, Shoes, Mini [...]