Deep Purple Rustic Wedding Ideas

We have some serious rustic table decor inspiration from Love Spun Events that is going to make your head spin. It’s overflowing with ideas that will inspire you for your own whimsical wedding.

Love Spun Events collaborated with some of Atlanta’s finest wedding vendors to bring you this innovative and breath taking set up. Project Duo came in and caught every detail for your viewing pleasure and the stunning paper details were designed by Foglio Press. Of course the florals that are beyond gorgeous are thanks to The Savage Garden.

Read on to learn more about this stunning shot and how it came to life.

From Love Spun Events

The last wedding I attended as a guest, was just beautiful. It was very touching and went along seamlessly. In fact, everything was flawlessly thought out, except for one little detail: the reception tables were bare. And believe me, trying to maintain a conversation with a table of strangers during an hour-long dinner would have been a lot easier with something to talk about!

That was the inspiration of our table: to create a visual discovery – and a thought-provoking conversation starter. To achieve this, I wanted to incorporate two of my favorite wedding dècor trends: whimsical and rustic. Both trends are so eye-catching to begin with but we wanted to harness the two together to create something really magical. To start, we used a beautiful, weathered plank of wood as the table runner. We kept the linens neutral to highlight the unique elements on the table and the intricate, slate gray plates from Anthropologie added a welcome pop of color.

Sarah from Foglio Press created gorgeous invitations and menus that fit our vision perfectly, giving the table a touch of opulence. Then, to add texture, we created DIY plate dècor by binding wild bird feathers and twigs together with mesh ribbon. And for fun, we placed her precious place settings on top of Spanish moss and lichen-filled sherbet cups.

For the floral elements, I enlisted my dear friend Danny Wilson of  The Savage Garden. His work is always innovative and breathtaking and this was no exception. Each element he incorporated; a bird’s nest filled with grapes, purple cabbage nestled between twisting branches, weathered pots filled with exotic flowers – even a pin cushion in the shape of an antique doll – is sure to engage the senses and spark conversation

On the dessert menu: mouth-watering miniature pies made by Taria at Highland Bakery. (And they were the perfect reward post-shoot!!) We incorporated an antique drawer and over sized spools to showcase the pies in an unexpected way and a small bunch of deep red peonies and candles lended romantic flair to the display.

I love to mix and match chairs to give tables a unique look, so I knew I wanted to do something extra special for the seating elements. The refinished church pew mixed with unique chairs was the finishing touch to our whimsical and rustic vision.

Photographers: Project Duo

Design/Styling: Love Spun Events
Table settings: Anthropologie
Invitations: Foglio Press
Pies: Taria at Highland Bakery
Florist: The Savage Garden

Comments

1. 0. Emily Steffen says:

THIS IS AMAZING! I loooove the purple and peach strung together. It is soft and beautiful. Any bride would DIE to have this at her reception in my opinion! :)

2. 0. Ashley says:

I LOVE this!!! The pies look awesome on the spools and the table is to-DIE-for!!

3. 0. Cale Brice says:

Love Spun Events obviously sets the bar very high for natural elegance. The unique touch of personal charm and use of color is breathtaking. THIS IS MY DREAM WEDDING! Love this.

4. 0. Jayna Peters says:

You have to look at the table for ten minutes just to soak in all of the details! I adore this set up!

5. 0. Tiffany Finch says:

I am sooo borrowing some of these ideas for my purple and pink wedding!

6. 0. Alyssa Hargett says:

This is AMAZING! How do I get in contact with the company who designed this? Anyone used them before? Please advise with any info.

7. 0. Emma B. says:

Ali planned my wedding and she is AMAZING. Her pictures will never do her work justice. She’s a gem, and new to the industry. Highly recommended! Her contact info is 404-585-7035 and she has a website if you google her company.

8. 0. Kimberly Greene says:

Wow! The setup is absolutely AMAZING! Every little detail has been given great care and it really looks like something out of my dreams…Loves!

9. 0. Debi says:

I absolutely love your attention to detail. Must get more information before I meet with you to plan my wedding.

10. 0. Stephanie Monteclair says:

I can honestly say I have never seen a more beautiful compilation of colors and aesthetics. Breathtaking!

11. 0. Love Spun Events says:

Omgosh you guys!! Thank you so much! I could not have done it without the help of The Savage Garden and Foglio Press…and of course big hugs to Project Duo. They are so incredible! And thank you Wedding Chicks for allowing us to share this with everyone!

12. 0. Marisa says:

This is gorgeous! Love everything about it! Succulents, grapes, flower pots. Love!

13. 0. Samantha says:

This set up is amazing! I am a sucker for the antiques and this nails it. The attention to detail is incredible. From the gothic style glasses to the dark, yet stunning colors. The goal of combining the two styles was defintely acheived and exceeded anything that I could have imagined. The only thing that was missing was me! :)

14. 0. Amelie Smith says:

WOW, this is absolutely beautiful!! I LOVE how elegant and classic this is!! Such a gorgeous contrast against the green outdoor backdrop — Love Spun Events NAILED it!

15. Great post. I’m looking for rustic themed inspiration, so this is perfect.

16. 0. Vicki Stanford says:

Such detailed design I have seldom seen. Your use of complimentary colors and your eye for the perfect touch needed in every little space is amazing!

17. 0. Jewel says:

I love the use of color along with the country rustic appeal. I worked with both LoveSpunEvents and Project Duo and they do great work!

18. 0. Anna Stanford says:

Love Spun nailed it! Gorgeous work, as always!

1. [...] Board: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 Share on Facebook Pin it on pinterest Tweet about it Tell a friend Tags: Decorations, [...]