NYC Queens County Farm Wedding

Before we dive into the wedding, we have to share with you that Melanie is wearing her something blue wedding gown designed by Project Runway’s leanne marshall. How fun is that? Thanks to Heather Espana Photography for sharing this laid-back wedding with us.

About the day, in the bride’s words:
“David and I aren’t very formal people, so we set out to have a sweet, silly, homegrown, do-it-together wedding. we were married at queens county farm museum, which is one of our favorite places; it’s the only working farm within new york city limits, and it was the perfect mix of rural and urban for our laid-back wedding.

Below is a list of all the DIY’s that Melanie and David did for their wedding.

veil & bridesmaid’s flower fascinator
favors (we wrapped chocolates with patterned paper & made heart cutouts)
guest book (i took a leather photo album, glued tiny envelopes into it, and guests were asked to leave us notes on small cards, which are now tucked into the envelopes)
napkins (we used striped, herringbone-patterned bar mops)
flowers (my sister rebecca did all of the bridesmaids’ bouquets & reception flowers on the morning of… phew!
eating tags, flags, table numbers (made using great patterned paper found at paper source, kate’s paperie and paper mojo)

Paloma’s Nest is a preferred vendor and proud sponsor of the Wedding Chicks.

photography: Heather Espana Photography
dress - leanne marshall
veil & bridesmaid’s hair flower – one little dove (though technically DIY!)
shoes - shannon britt
necklace – j.crew
venue – queens county farm museum
catering – luigi’s
cake – veniero’s
bouquet & boutonniere – nicolette camille floral design
bride’s hair & makeup – chris newburg
cake topper - BROOKLYNrehab on etsy
ring dish – paloma’s nest

Comments

1. 0. Marie says:

There is so much to love about this wedding. The brides fantastic blue dress and the fun atmosphere. Maybe my favorite detail is that the guests wrote little notes to be saved in the album for later. Love that idea!

2. 0. Alison Z. says:

We’re getting married there in October … so exciting to see beautiful wedding pics from there! These are just gorgeous!

3. Great wedding. I also love her blue dress and looks like this was a fantastic venue!

4. 0. Cindy says:

I love it when couples break tradition and personalize their wedding day. I love her dress and the setting and all of these amazing details! Beautiful capture of such a beautiful wedding day!

5. 0. Heather Espana says:

Thanks for the sweet comments everyone! I have to give a BIG shout-out to Kelly Portnoy of Kellan Studios who second shot with me on this wedding! For some reason she’s not linked to in the credits, but she deserves some linky love :-).

6. 0. Alaynah Boyd says:

So cute! Quaint, personal, and special. I love all the DIY details!

7. 0. erica ann says:

What a gorgeous wedding! The photos have a perfect vintage feel to them for all of the details, texture and natural light.

8. Oh how wonderful! You so fabulous melanie, yay blue dress.

Also chicks at your wedding? Too cute!

9. Loving the dress and details Melanie!

10. what a stunning blue dress

11. 0. Rick Roberts says:

If I had a wedding – rehearsal dinner – engagement – graduation – family reunion – family picture – or anything requiring photos – Krysta would be our choice – because of creativity and expression with the camera

12. thanks to the commenters above for the sweet words! and especially big thanks to you ladies for featuring my wedding here, and also to heather from espana photography and kelly from kellan studios for capturing it so beautifully!

alison z., so cool that you’re getting married at the farm this fall! we loved it there — let me know if you have any questions about it, i’d be happy to help if i can!

13. I like the location Melanie and David selected for their wedding ceremony. There is something about farm weddings that harkens back to a time of natural beauty.

14. 0. Alison Z. says:

Thanks so much Melanie, will do!

15. Love the flags and the photographer table card. What a sweet bride. :)

16. 0. Kari Levine says:

Hi Melanie

Your wedding looked amazing. I’m getting married there in August and I have a ton of question. I’m hoping you could send me a quick email so I can pick your brain? Thanks
    Kari

Karilyn925@gmail.com

17. 0. Keriann says:

I’d love to know where the striped herringbone bar mops are from–I’m looking for some for my own wedding and can only find mass quantities. Any suggestions?

1. [...] If you can’t get enough of this wedding, please go and see Heather Espana’s post on her blog and our Wedding Chicks feature here. [...]