All DIY Projects

Do It Yourself Wedding Placemats

Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower, a party or whenever. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.

Check out these amazing Do It Yourself Wedding Placemats from “Suddenly Inspired”. These delightful goodies make a huge statement on your table. Incorporate your favorite designs and fabrics. See more of our fabulous Do It Yourself projects here.

This video is no longer available to view. Please visit Suddenly Inspired by Lindye Galloway on their website or vimeo.

Thanks also to Aimee Grover, of Troy Grover Photography for putting this together.

Categories: All DIY Projects
Tags: ,

Comments

1. 0. Sayah says:

they definitely need their own show! that was fabulous!

2. 0. weddingchicks says:

i agree! don’t worry, they will be back here soon with more great ideas!

3. 0. Lisa says:

love it ladies!

4. Love this idea and it is easy!

5. 0. Sandy Cheney says:

What a cute idea. I just called my friend and told her all about it. We are having a shower in June and we are going to make those. Thanks Lindye
    Sandy (that’s Aunt to you!!!)

6. 0. Heather Cheney says:

LOVE the idea girls! I think I might try it for my table at home:)

7. 0. Lindye Galloway says:

they are seriously SO easy and SO fun1 we heart placemats and are glad you ladies do too! stay tuned for more inspiring ideas on Suddenly Inspired! xo

8. 0. Teagan Mercer says:

Oh my goodness, I love love LOVE this idea!! How fun, and absolutely adorable! Nicely done Aimee & Lindye :)

9. 0. Leah Kua says:

I love this so much and hope it’s something the girls will do more of. I would do this at home and share the idea with clients as well. It’s such a cute idea!

10. 0. Charles David says:

what a brilliant idea! so beautiful, yet so inexpensive!

11. Ahhh-mazing!

Jacqueline

12. 0. Amy says:

i adore this♥♥ love the fabric idea- think i might do the corkboard but cover it with fabric- might have to use push pins on the back but then i could still pin embellishments into it for even more fun :) what costs more, the wood or cork board? can’t wait till the next tip!

13. 0. PROMISE TANGEMAN says:

CUUUUUTEE!!! great work Aimee and Lindye. you girls are soo cute. :)

14. 0. Keary Dee says:

This is so fun and creative. I might just have to try this myself :) Nice job girls!

15. 0. Lindye Galloway says:

We are thrilled that you are all so inspired! There is absolutely more episodes coming on our blogs (www.lindyegallowayblog.com & http://www.homespunforte.com). And thanks to the lovely WC ladies, we will be bringing special episodes here again soon!

16. 0. Lian says:

Finally! something to do with all those extra earings! haha

But seriously I love how you took a material like cork board and transformed it FAR beyond its original use! getting the gears running! thanks girls!

17. 0. Jeanie says:

Absolutely love this! Great ideas!

18. 0. Michael Maples says:

We have used Lindye for several company events. She is uniquely creative and has an ability to tie the details together.

19. 0. Jaime says:

HA!! I was just “suddenly inspired” these girls just gave me a great idea to try something like this but a little different, cutting those pieces of wood for a scalloped edge would be so cute and I just LOVE the choices available in fabric. Thanks so much for sharing, this is fabulous!

20. 0. Charissa says:

I didn’t even think of doing my own placemats for my wedding! Fabulous!

21. 0. Phebe says:

Hey ladies this is a great idea and I WILL be making a few of these, can you tell me the size I should ask for the wood to be cut to? Thanks!

22. 0. STEPHANIE says:

I think that these are great ideas, however, they never mention what size boards we should get. Any idea?

23. 0. christina says:

I guess it would depend on the size of plate we use. If we use a 9 inch plate you would want to make sure your wood is big enough to stand out once the plate is placed over it. I love the idea but I think this would be more costly than just going to hobby lobby and buying charger plates. U can always get them for $2 there. IF you start pricing the wood and the fabric for say 100 people…..it would be like buying those expensive chair cover all over again! lol This would not be good for a budget bride.

24. If you are going for most excellent contents like me, just pay a visit this website
    all the time as it provides quality contents, thanks

25. 0. Rebecca says:

Thanks for finally talking about >Do It Yourself Wedding Placemats <Loved it!

1. [...] am beyond excited that Wedding Chicks featured our first “Suddenly Inspired” episode! Do yourself a favor and head on over to [...]

2. [...] Source: weddingchicks [...]

3. [...] news! The show, Suddenly Inspired, that I co-host with Lindye Galloway was featured on Wedding Chicks this week! You won’t want to miss this episode – DIY placemats that you can incorporate [...]

4. [...] DIY Wedding Placemats | The Wedding Chicks Get the RSS Feed June 6, 2010 at 12:11 am by admin | Category: Uncategorized | [...]