All DIY Projects

Vintage Do It Yourself Wedding Invitations Monograms

Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower, a party or whenever. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.

These Vintage Do It Yourself Wedding Invitations Monograms can be used for invitations, programs, menus or even an extra-special thank you card.  Use the Vintage Letters Custom Monogram and the Seahorse Custom Monogram to customize these paper goodies. See more clever do-it-yourself wedding projects here.

Supplies

1. Paper Scorer
2. Spray Adhesive
3. Ribbon, Twine, Raffia etc …
4. Card Stock
5. Fabric (lightweight material works best)
6. Guillotine paper trimmer or fabric scissors (not shown)

1. Print out desired text or monogram for your cover onto the cardstock.
2 For the standard program size of 4.25×5.5 inches, score the cardstock at 4.25″ on the 8.5″ side of the paper.

1. Create a spray adhesive station. I prefer to use a large box lid and magazine pages. Spray the back of the cardstock (the unprinted side).

2. Beginning at one edge and using a piece of fabric slightly larger than your paper, lay the fabric on the tacky cardstock. Try to smooth it out quickly as you work.

3. Turn over and smooth on other side.

4. Trim the excess fabric using the guillotine paper trimmer or fabric scissors.

6. Cut the fabric-lined paper in half and fold each piece on the score line.

7. If using these for programs, print out your text, cut it to size, and fold inside the covers.

8. Bind your covers using stitching, ribbon, rickrack, twine, etc.

9. Stack the programs and weigh them down with heavy books overnight to help them stay closed when displayed.

One of our most favorite stationers, Paper & Thread Studio shared with us this easy yet thoughtful DIY wedding goodie. Paper & Thread Studio is a preferred member and proud sponsor of The Wedding Chicks.

Categories: All DIY Projects, DIY Printable Wedding Templates
Tags: ,

Comments

1. I love the fabrics! This is a great DIY!

Jacqueline
    XO

2. 0. christina says:

Can you tell me where that fabric is from? I’m in love.

3. 0. bride shop says:

Cool. I am not much of a DIY person. But this looks so creative. I’d probably try this. Thanks.

4. I am sooo into DIY right now, so I appreciate a good project that actually looks professional and beautiful in the end. Cute!

5. 0. Lizzie says:

I have to tell you girls, that everywhere always lists these “DIY projects” with no flipping suggestions on how to get it done. I completely appreciate your DIY tutorials, when the time comes for be to be obsessed with details, I will be a Minute-ly visitor to the site for updates! Thanks!

6. 0. weddingchicks says:

I know that the gray fabric with the lace is from amy butler. Lori will have to chime in where she got the other fabrics.

7. What a sweet project!! Love the homey feel of the finished result!

Love, The Paris Party and Wedding Planners

8. awesome diy ..love the use of fabric & paper

9. So cute! I want to make one now!

10. 0. Lori says:

Thanks for all the sweet comments. The fabrics are from my personal stash, but one of my favorite fabric stores is http://www.hartsfabric.com

11. Huge fan of the fabric! I think i might have a nice project for my bridesmaids. ;)

12. 0. Nely says:

I hope this isn’t too much to ask but wedding is all about the beach and am using the seahorse monograms for just about everything . I absolutley LOVE the seahorse fabric . Do you know where I can find it ? Or something like it? You have no idea how great this would be .. thanks again .

13. 0. Annie says:

These look great…but as a invitation designer i have used fabric backing many times and the fabric ALWAYS frays so beware! It is not this easy!

14. 0. Jaime says:

This is by far the prettiest program I have seen, and again I love the versatility of fabric, so many choices and ways to make it personal! Thanks for sharing!

15. 0. lisa says:

Yes, but how do you print the menu?

16. 0. Lori says:

Thanks for checking out my DIY project I created for Wedding Chicks. I’ve been using this fabric backing for quite some time and have found that this technique of spray adhearing and then cutting the paper prevents the fraying.

17. 0. Jessica Stopforth says:

love it can youmessage me the template?

1. [...] DIY Wedding Menus | T&#1211&#1077 Wedding Chicks [...]

2. [...] try using an edger hole punch. You could also layer with different card stock and fabric (Click here for a DIY [...]