Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower, a party or whenever. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.
These Vintage Do It Yourself Wedding Invitations Monograms can be used for invitations, programs, menus or even an extra-special thank you card.Â Use the Vintage Letters Custom Monogram and the Seahorse Custom Monogram to customize these paper goodies. See more clever do-it-yourself wedding projects here.
1. Paper Scorer
2. Spray Adhesive
3. Ribbon, Twine, Raffia etc …
4. Card Stock
5. Fabric (lightweight material works best)
6. Guillotine paper trimmer or fabric scissors (not shown)
1. Print out desired text or monogram for your cover onto the cardstock.
2 For the standard program size of 4.25×5.5 inches, score the cardstock at 4.25″ on the 8.5″ side of the paper.
1. Create a spray adhesive station. I prefer to use a large box lid and magazine pages. Spray the back of the cardstock (the unprinted side).
2. Beginning at one edge and using a piece of fabric slightly larger than your paper, lay the fabric on the tacky cardstock. Try to smooth it out quickly as you work.
3. Turn over and smooth on other side.
4. Trim the excess fabric using the guillotine paper trimmer or fabric scissors.
6. Cut the fabric-lined paper in half and fold each piece on the score line.
7. If using these for programs, print out your text, cut it to size, and fold inside the covers.
8. Bind your covers using stitching, ribbon, rickrack, twine, etc.
9. Stack the programs and weigh them down with heavy books overnight to help them stay closed when displayed.
One of our most favorite stationers, Paper & Thread Studio shared with us this easy yet thoughtful DIY wedding goodie. Paper & Thread Studio is a preferred member and proud sponsor of The Wedding Chicks.