Tara LaTour Lindemeier Avant Garde Wedding Gowns

Photogen Inc. was so kind to send us their recent shoot. They are located out of Minneapolis, Minnesota and are fabulous wedding photographers.

Tara LaTour Lindemeier has quite an awesome story! Tara is just about to graduate from Parsons in NYC. Yes, the same Parsons from the best show ever – Project Runway. She is from Minnesota and her avant garde wedding gowns are inspired by an island she went to every summer during her childhood. How incredibly lovely is that?

The best part of Tara’s story is that she is literally going to revolutionize the wedding gown industry. If this is a taste of what she has to offer we are so incredibly ready for more.

From Left To Right:

The Luella: Made of silk jersey and metallic crinkle chiffon, the neck is made up of silk organza, hand pleated silk/cotton voile, pleated tulle, bleached peacock feathers, and hand braided straps.

The Angela: The base of the dress is made from raw silk and hand ripped, crinkled silk chiffon and hand dyed. The belt is made from hand braided silk, twill, tulle and chiffon.

The above dress is called The Amanda:

The top and skirt are made of silk duchess satin with a silk taffeta and tulle treatment, with a hidden pocket in the side pleat. The jacket is made from coffee dyed linen, silk/cotton voile. The treatments are hand crinkled and venetian lace stitched.

The above dress is called The Kelsey:

Silk Faille with hand ripped treatments in silk gazar and silk satin faced organza. The belt is made of ripped silk gazar and silk satin faced organza with a hand painted treatment.

The below dress is called The Anna:

Made of silk jersey with hand braided straps. The belt is made of silk taffeta, silk jersey, and tulle with a hand crinkled and hand pulled thread treatment.

Dresses By: Tara LaTour Lindemeier (email Tara for dress inquires taylin1014@aol.com)
Photography: Photogen Inc.
Location: Brooklyn Studios
Model: Britta Briscoe

Comments

1. Love love love her dresses!

2. 0. Melanie says:

Love these dresses. Very different. great feel. look forward to seeing more!

3. 0. Britt Chudleigh says:

I might die……right now…….on the floor…….by my computer. These dresses are, hmmmmmm, there’s is no appropriate, non cheesy, adjective. Wow.

And don’t even get me started on the photography. Genius to shoot these gowns in such a bright, clean, neutral environment.

Lovely. Period.

4. 0. tag7 says:

Wow, the last dress and also the dark one are SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!! Good to see something fresh in the wedding dress market!

5. 0. Sally says:

These are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing… :)

6. 0. Emily Steffen says:

GORGEOUS! I love that blue dress!

7. 0. delbarr says:

um…can i get married again so i can wear the angela gown?! I want a photoshoot in that gown…its sooo gorgeous!

8. Oh wow these are amazing! Thx for sharing!

9. 0. Keely Thorne says:

OMG, I’m OBSESSED! you will see this on our blog in like 2 min.. :) thanks for the awesome find, as usual!!

10. 0. mary says:

these are beyond badass!!! the corset with the zipper?! dying!!! i want to get married again just to be able to wear one of these!

11. I love the dresses, they have a sort of Romanesque quality.

12. 0. Kelsey Lindemeier says:

Tara, I cant tell you how amazing these are and how proud of you I am! These dresses are beyond incredible. Love, your baby sis :)

13. 0. Shelly Traver says:

These dresses will make every bride feel unique and beautiful on her special day. Just Beautiful.

14. 0. Sarah Wedding says:

These gowns are so original and gorgeous. Any bride would look phenomenal in these interesting creations! The romantic, airy details of the gowns are truly amazing!

15. Incredible dresses – soft and romantic but different enough to make an impact

16. 0. Tino&Pip says:

These dresses are to die for! WOW!

17. 0. Harper's Bazaar Intern says:

What a breath of fresh air for an industry that has re-created itself over and over. This is truly an amazing collection, and I hope more innovation comes out of such an amazing talent. Well done.

18. 0. Lauren S. says:

These dresses are amazing, you are very talented!

19. 0. Emily says:

I love love love this collection!! So many dresses that you see nowadays are gorgeous but are not actually wearable for a wedding, but I can definitely picture a bride wearing one of these to her beachside wedding. Absolutely stunning!!

20. 0. kate says:

What georgous gowns! I espeically love the Kelsey design. Love the use of texture and color. Captures a traditional element, with a flair. Amazing.

21. 0. Lindsey K says:

These gowns are absolutely incredible! Some of the most refreshing and unique designs I have seen in a long time. I don’t have words to express how beautiful these dresses are! These are simply gorgeous! Watch out New York, Tara LaTour Lindemeier is the newest young designer, and is definitely going to have a long lasting career!

22. 0. Jenni Medvec says:

Wow The collection by Tara is beautiful! If I got married again I would buy a dress from her!

23. 0. Lee Sorenson says:

I am in love with The Kelsey!

24. 0. Cherie Bullock says:

This entire collection of dresses is beautiful. Tara you do a fabulous job!

25. 0. sherene russell says:

I saw your show today at Parsons and was blown away by what I saw. For someone who has never wondered about what her wedding dress would look like, I certainly do now. In fact I saw it! Your collection was beyond amazing. CONGRATULATIONS!

26. 0. Judy Lindemeier says:

I was fortunate to be at Tara’s presentation at Parsons today. What can I say, pictures don’t do these justice. They are simply amazing, just as she is! Her Dad and I are so very proud of her and we love her very much!

27. 0. Jolene Kersting says:

Absolutely stunning! Unique designs and textures of materials, all blended together wonderfully. Would be honored to be seen standing next to one of these dresses, let alone wear one! Watch out wedding fashion world, this is just the beginning of Tara’s lasting impressions for us all!

28. 0. Anna Tichborne says:

Absolutely amazing dresses! What an iconic style! Love love them!

29. 0. Rodney says:

The words that come to mind are elegance, grace and just flowing beauty. I was just having a wonderful time looking at the sketches and then the dresses. I don’t think Cinderella could have had a such a beautiful gown.

30. 0. Kelsey Bohleen says:

These dresses are incredible. So creative, refreshing, and the details make them so unique- exceptional!!

31. 0. Jen Romero says:

These dresses take my breath away! Simply georgeous. I can’t wait to see more.

32. 0. Larissa says:

Very unique designs. I love how high fashioned they look.

33. 0. Stephanie says:

I saw Tara’s presentation at Parsons today. These are the most beautiful wedding dresses I have seen. So unique, so gorgeous and exceptionally made. They are even more beautiful in person and Tara has an amazing vision. Absolutely flawless!

34. 0. Hanna says:

Wow, such a beautiful collection. Very impressed. Keep up the good work.

35. 0. Pete Bye says:

B-E-A-U-TIFUL!

dresses are very unique and would compliment many different body types

well done Tara

36. 0. Ditlev Geertsen says:

This is incredible! Extrodinary well made. I’m personally from Denmark and everyone who has seen it here has been blown away. We all hope Tara Latour Lindemeier will achieve all kinds of succes from this. All I can say is, Denmark is more than ready for her designs

37. i adore these gowns!!! especially the last one!

38. 0. Ron Moore says:

Wonderful designs.

39. 0. Bonnie Moore says:

Fantastic!!!!

40. WOW! These dresses are stunning! I am obsessed with that last dress!

41. 0. Stephani Bloomquist says:

I am deeply in love with the Anna, however I would be a happy bride in any of these gorgeous dresses!

42. 0. Sheri Braun says:

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! The details are amazing

43. 0. Chuck LaTour says:

Well done Tara…you truly have a great gift and the world is a better place because of you! Best of luck with the dresses, they are stunning!!

44. 0. Lauren Beckman says:

The Angela and the Kelsey are stunning and gorgeous. I would love love love to wear either one on my wedding day-really incredible

45. 0. Amanda says:

The lovely long flowing silhouette, the organic look! Oh! SWOON! The “Angela” should be named “Amanda” I heart it sooooo much! You rock! Thanks for making non white dresses more accessible for us nonconventional ladies!

46. 0. Michael says:

Well Lee…I especially love The Angela!!

47. 0. Pat says:

AMAZING – The design and use of the fabics gives a soft and elegant look with a edge. The drape and cut of the designs are quite unique. The dress would make any women feel beautiful.

48. 0. Tonya says:

I love where the inspiration came from, it shows in the dresses. They’re all so soft and elegant! Maybe someday I’ll where a dress by Tara at my wedding! It’s all beautiful talent.

49. 0. JoAnn says:

Absolutely brilliant! How refreshing to see color and style in a bridal collection. Inspires me to want to get married!! :)

50. 0. Oratrette says:

Women Dressesr. Sleeveless Long Tank Dress Medium . summer dress New Womens Ladies Alfred Dunner Yellow Dress Pants 12p summer dress Kathie Lee Womens Summer Dress Leopardprint , Women’s Dress Skirt & Top Karen Scott .

51. 0. Steffi F. says:

I’m loving the last (same as the first) dress! It’s exactly what I want for my second ceremony. Yes, I’m one of the lucky ones who’s going to have 2 since both families live in separate continents.

52. 0. Suzanne says:

Absolutely amazing! Anyone know where Tara is currently selling? I’ve tried getting in touch with her through her website and Facebook, but no luck. I would love to be a Tara bride for my upcoming wedding!

53. I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or
    understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking
    for this info for my mission.

54. Let’s help a local business by hiring a nearby ‘man and van’ to move any
    weighty boxes.

55. Why not support local businesses by making use of a nearby removals business.

1. [...] Avant Garde Wedding Gowns | The Wedding Chicks [...]

2. [...] Credits: row 1: Christine Olson via The Wedding Chicks | Photogen Inc via The Wedding Chicks row 2: Melissa Johnston via Style Me Pretty | Adeline & Grace via Style Me Pretty | Belathee [...]

3. [...] A special THANK YOU to the Wedding Chicks for publishing this spread on their blog and sharing this … [...]

4. [...] (Clockwise from top left: source, source, source, source, source, source, source) [...]

5. [...] A special THANK YOU to the Wedding Chicks for publishing this spread on their blog and sharing this … [...]

6. [...] Aire Barcelona, Amsale, Marchesa via The Cinderella Project, St Pucchi, Wedding Chicks /* TweetRelated posts:Nautical BermudaThe White DressWed(DRESS)Day – Maggie Sottero This entry [...]

7. [...] A special THANK YOU to the Wedding Chicks for publishing this spread on their blog and sharing this … [...]