All DIY Projects

Yellow Pages Do It Yourself Tissue Paper Flowers

diy flower centerpiece

Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower or party. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.

These Yellow Pages Do It Yourself Tissue Paper Flowers are easy, adorable and you can start today. Be sure to see all of our wedding diy projects.

Supplies: Phone book and Floral Wire

diy flower centerpiece

Step 1: Rip 8 pages out of the yellow pages directory.

• stack them together and place them vertically in front of you
  • make a 1/2 inch fold in the stack of papers
  • continue to fold back and forth until entire stack is folded

diy flower centerpiece

Step 2: Cut a 12 inch piece of floral wire and wrap wire around the center of folded paper.

diy flower centerpiece

Step 3: Gently pull one sheet at a time toward the center of the wire and continue pulling sheets on the other side of the wire.

diy flower centerpiece

diy flower centerpiece

To make a 2D flower: Pull sheets toward the center of the wire on both halves so that there is a flat back to the flower.

To make a 3D flower: On the left side of the wire, pull the sheets upward toward the wire, then flip the flower over and pull the sheets on the right side of the wire in the opposite direction to create a full ball-like flower.

diy flower centerpiece

diy wedding centerpieces

Thanks to Jesi Haack Weddings for this super easy, super fabulous wedding DIY.

Categories: All DIY Projects, DIY Wedding Flowers
Tags: , ,

Comments

1. you girls are the best! Thank you so much for the post!!!

2. 0. Alex says:

wedding flowers made of paper? interesting idea

3. I absolutely love this idea with the newspapers, magazines as floral decor..the best original idea I have seen in a long time.
    Well done.

4. Love. We all know nobody needs the yellow pages anymore and they keep delivering them anyway! Great way to re-purpose something most of us want to toss aside.

5. 0. Sara France says:

Love the step by step instruction!

6. 0. Raquel Cohen says:

What a great idea and it is actually cute! I love DIY things that really make me WANT to make them!

7. 0. Josh Ulmer says:

Love this idea!One if they were up to it could even lightly brush the papers with paint and make it festive according to the time of year or holiday!

8. 0. Carol says:

These take me back…when I was little I used to make paper flowers out of tissues and tissue paper :) Now I have something to do with all the old magazines piling up!

9. 0. Millie says:

Wow, how beautiful and simple these are! Never knew a phonebook could be so fun :)

10. 0. Hanssie Trainor says:

LOVE Jesi Haack and love the DIY ideas. Makes me wish I was getting married again, then I can not have the 20lb Miss America bouquet of roses that I actually carried.

11. 0. Rachel Clarke says:

They are SO Cute. I love the fact that its eco friendly! You could do so much to dress them up too!! ADORABLE!

12. I love these! What a great idea not only for weddings but even for around the house. Finally flowers that don’t die!

13. 0. syed says:

cool idea : )

14. 0. Rachel says:

These are so playful! Thanks for sharing.

15. 0. Jo says:

Love love love love love these!

16. Hello! I understand this is sort of off-topic but I had to ask.
    Does operating a well-established blog like yours require a massive amount work?
    I’m brand new to operating a blog but I do write in my journal on a daily basis. I’d like to start a
    blog so I can share my experience and thoughts
    online. Please let me know if you have any kind
    of ideas or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
    Appreciate it!

17. Fabulous, what a web site it is! This website provides valuable
    information to us, keep it up.

18. Hello, I would like to subscribe for this website to take hottest updates, therefore where can i do it please assist.

19. 0. Kat says:

hi,
    i dont understand the step from 3 to 4. how does it get so colorful, in step 3 it is just yellow pages, in step 4 its colored paper?
    thanks… kat

20. 0. Anoosh Iqbal says:

Oh it’s so pretty and indeed a useful post. Nobody wants to throw their books away when they can turn out to be this eye-catching. I liked this Book of Books as well http://www.amazon.com/Book-Books-Projects-beautiful-ornaments-ebook/dp/B00MGJADUK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1407385936&sr=8-5&keywords=mahe+zehra. It shares many interesting projects. Altered Upcycling also has an awesome website and lots of free ebook offers if you sign up.

1. [...] I have more shoe love right here ♥ Fabulous red and blue details ♥ Creative backdrop ideas ♥ Yellow pages flowers? ♥ A classic vintage wedding. I swoon. ♥ More vintage glam! A love shoot to die for ♥ [...]