All DIY Projects

Putting Martha Stewart To The Test From Studio 222 Photography

Martha Stewart Wedding DIY

Studio 222 Photography recently started the “The Ladies of 222″. Becka invited some of her brides over they would tackle a popular DIY trend in weddings and see how easy/hard it was for normal, everyday people to do. Read on to see how easy one of Martha Stewart’s Wedding DIYS really is.

Martha Stewart DIY

The first one we chose was the fabric flowers in the summer Martha Stewart Weddings issue. I bought all the supplies for everyone to try 2 designs and we went step by step, with the magazine in front of us trying it. We tried the rose, dahlia and peony patters and found that the dahlia was pretty tough.

It required a bit more sewing than the others and the one bride-to-be that tried it just couldn’t figure it out based on the directions in the magazine. It seemed we were missing something and couldn’t get it to come out right.

She eventually got it working but it took her about twice as long as the other designs.

The rose and the peony were a bit simpler and we all decided that they were the easiest to do and had the most successful turnout although sewing them was really hard by hand because the fabric ends up being really thick once folded at the base to make the flower.

We broke one needle and bend another! :) We also decided the the peony looked more like a gardenia and the rose more like a carnation but that might have been because we used less layers of fabric than they did in the magazine to save time cutting. In the end the brides decided that they all turned out cute enough to wear and even discussed making more as gifts in the future.

Martha Stewart Wedding DIY

Martha Stewart DIY

To top it off they had little snacks homemade cheesecake bits (from the recipe on Bakerella.com), dips, Caresse kabobs, and pomegranate soda with pomegranate seeds in the ice cubes. Thanks so much for sharing this with us Studio 222.

Martha Stewart Wedding DIY

Categories: All DIY Projects, DIY Wedding Flowers
Tags: , ,

Comments

1. 0. juel says:

Love this post! Hope we can see more like this in the future. I’ve been wanting to try out this DIY and it was great to see other brides give it a go!

2. We plan on having more of these. We want to tackle some of the big DIY trends so if you have any ideas or suggestions let me know! :)

3. 0. Yvonne Wong says:

If you don’t have time….you can actually buy these DIY flowers from Handle and Spout http://handlespout.bigcartel.com/

They made custom red ones for me so that I could have beautiful hair accessories to wear with my Chinese Red Dress (Qipao) I just sent them a fabric swatch and they matched everything perfectly!

4. 0. Elisabeth Carol says:

Ah! Love these! How can I find the directions?!

5. 0. weddingchicks says:

Hey girls if you want to do this DIY you can visit Martha Stewart’s web site and the link is below.

6. 0. weddingchicks says:

PS- You can email Studio 222
    to submit other DIY projects you would like to see us review!
    thestudioishere{@}gmail.com

7. 0. cristy cross says:

Oh wow those turned out beautifully. I saw this in the magazine and tried it myself last month and totally bombed. I need to try again because yours are gorgeous.

8. 0. bride to be says:

Can you make a bouquet out from them? really looks interesting.

9. 0. kelli says:

i am about to try these myself for some gifts and was just a little worried about the flowers fraying. is that something to worry about? also, I was going to use more of an organza or taffeta and couldnt tell what kind of fabric you used. Did you use cotton? Just curious. Thanks for the great post.

10. 0. Kaitlin says:

I loved the post. :) Will you please make a post on how to make fabric rosettes? I think if you put a pin on the back of one of those it would make a really cute boutonniere.

11. Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve remember your stuff prior to and you are just extremely great. I really like what you’ve received here, really
    like what you’re stating and the best way during which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to care for to keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a wonderful website.