All DIY Projects

Vintage Hankie Do It Yourself Save the Date Invitations

Vintage Hankie Save The Date

Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower, a party or whenever. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.

We’re thrilled to share these Vintage Hankie Do It Yourself Save the Date Invitations with you. We asked Rachel over at B9 Objects if we could share the template. Rachel created her Vintage Hankie Do It Yourself Save the Date Invitations using a YUDU. If you can’t get your hands on a YUDU, below are instructions on how to use an iron template.

We highly recommend you check out how Rachel (B9 Objects) packaged the whole project. Click Here To See Her Vintage Hankie Do It Yourself Save the Date Invitations but don’t forget, the Wedding Chicks shop has lots of Vintage Hankies. Check them out here for some serious pretty.

Vintage Hankie Save The Date

1. Vintage Hankies {we know that it might be hard to find vintage hankies, but a great alternative is going to the fabric store or to Etsy and buying fat quarters}
2. Scissors
3. Iron Templates
4. Pillow Case
5. Iron

Vintage Hankie Save The Date

Here is where it might get a bit tricky but we are confident that you can pull it off. So, when you download the template here it is going to be reversed in order to iron it on properly.

Print it out on regular paper first so you don’t waste your iron-on templates. Then go into Word or any text edit program and type in your names and wedding date and reverse it. When you print it out, you can specify on the printer’s dialog box that you want it printed as “mirror”. Look under “preferences” when you click “Print”.

When everything is aligned properly you can use your iron templates.

Vintage Hankie Save The Dates

Vintage Hankie Save The Date

Categories: All DIY Projects, DIY Detail & Favor Wedding Projects, DIY Printable Wedding Templates
Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

1. 0. Cristina says:

Wow, this is a wonderful idea. I’ve seen it a lot lately, but I think it’s just perfect for my vintage wedding! Thanks for the DIY!

2. 0. weddingchicks says:

we are so glad you like it! we were so inspired by the silk screen versions and though the iron on would be a great DIY. (:

3. 0. Lindsay says:

Thank you for sharing these! I get so excited to download your templates and these hankies are such a lovely little detail :)

4. 0. Heather says:

These are beautiful! And exactly what I’ve been planning to do for my wedding! My fiance is in grad school to become a history professor and we both agreed that these would be the perfect way to represent us and wow our guests. Thanks for sharing!

5. 0. Sondra says:

This is an awesome idea! I would love to make them for my bridemaids!

6. 0. Amber says:

I love those! I have a few vintage handkerchiefs from my fiance’s late Grandmother that we are going to incorporate into our wedding day in special ways. This would also be a beautiful way to honor her.

7. 0. Chelsea says:

Oh I saw these on Style Me Pretty and just absolutely fell in love with them. They are beautiful and I’m excited to incorporate this wonderful DIY into my own celebration!

8. 0. Lindsey says:

Love, Love, Love these!!! I would DIY our names and date and hand them out at the ceremony for my guests to dry their eyes and to take home as a favor!!!!!

9. 0. Donnica says:

OMG!!! This is such a wonderful idea! I love it. And I wanted to have something like this for the parents and grandparents. And aslo for the bridesmaids. so this is killing two birds with one stone. That’s it…this is what I’m doing! LOL!!!!

10. 0. Angie says:

I am in love with this idea, not only for Save the Dates but also for wedding favors. Thanks for the tutorial. They are so pretty!

11. Another good source of fabrics is the remnant bin at your local crafty fabric store. Buy a couple diff ones and mix n match. I’m sure you could come up with some crazy cool stuff.

12. 0. operaghost says:

So Shabby Chic pretty!

13. Oh! I love this!!! Thanks for the info :)

14. 0. Delilah says:

WOW! What a great idea! Very unique!

15. 0. NADIA DI MEO says:

They are so pretty! What a great idea for Save the Dates. I am about to start designing mine. I love your site and ideas,so creative and amazing!!

16. ;) ;) ;)

-Vania -SimplyBloom Photography, LLC

17. 0. Sian Townsend says:

These are perfect…I have been looking for an alternative type of Save the Date and had been thinking of mini jam jars but postage a problem. I am going to enlist helpers and get DIYing! What a great find on this grey Friday (very drizzly in UK, as usual!)

Sian, Cambridge, UK

18. 0. Dacia says:

I absolutely adore these hankies and would love to win some! I’ve already sent out STD’s for the wedding, but think these would be super cute as invites for my tea-party vintage inspired bridal shower.

19. 0. Leslie says:

these are amazing!

20. Pretty Handsome Paper (www.prettyhandsomepaper.com) does printed hankies as well. I’m certain I wasn’t the one to start printing on hankies, but I’m sure glad to be able to share my experience and craft with all of you!

21. 0. Erin says:

Thanks so much for the shout-out! :)

22. 0. Montanna says:

THANK YOU! Once I saw this idea for STD’s I have been wanting to do them, but knew it’d be too much to have them made and I am not a DIYer so I wouldn’t have been able to come up with how-to on my own. So THANK YOU so much for sharing this! <3

23. 0. Kalee says:

This would also be an amazing idea for a ladylike shower! Love this!

24. 0. Rhonda says:

Absolutely gorgeous. Will have to figure out someway to incorporate this concept into my wedding. May have to change the wording and use as bridesmaid gifts. :-)

25. 0. Janet says:

What an incredible idea…creativity at its best.

Thanks for sharing this.

26. 0. Pat Hayrynen says:

Love vintage hankies. What a great way to use them! Pat

27. 0. Carlie Jean says:

What a creative and unique idea! Fantasic!

28. 0. Mary Ellen says:

I have simply fallen in love with this idea ! I just had one question about mailing them. Any suggestions on how to mail them if you didn’t not want to have the extra expense of the card stock to wrap them around? Would you suggest just simply folding and then putting them in the envelope? Thanks so much for the tutorial, its fantastic!!

29. 0. Helene says:

Wow, I’ve never seen such a pretty idea! I definitely will be trying my hand at this. Thanks for the amazing DIY!

30. 0. Deborah Ocasio says:

I am so in love with this idea. This is is what I was looking for! I am going to do this for the actual wedding invitation. My save the date is going to be an old fashion telegram! Thank you for showing us how to do with out a screen! Thank you again

31. 0. Jamie Taylor says:

Can you tell me if you can see a line from the iron on transfer (like a circle). Is it stiffer where it transferred on. It looks like you can see the iron on fairly well in one of the pictures above. Thanks!

32. 0. Jana Strayhorn says:

Love these!

33. 0. victoria roberge says:

i must be really out of it because i have never seen this and i am so into vintage. Weddings? maybe?not so much lately. let me put it this way,”i am always the bride,never the brides-made.” perhaps that’s why i stay away from the brides magazine. victoria

34. 0. Laila J says:

Adorable!!!

35. 0. Lois von fricke says:

I love vintage hankies. Maybe obsessed is a better word. Having one tucked into my little opera bag makes me feel like such a lady, though I hardly ever act like one. I just made some hangers of vintage hankies and my son went ga ga over them and he’s not even gay. But engaged to be married, maybe that’s why I cruise the wedding blogs. I won’t be mother of the bride, he won’t wear a dress but I can make his suit.

Now I need to go tear apart my storage bins to find all my hankies, I already have the one picked out for his wedding. is it a bit too obsessive to design a dress to go with the hankie?

36. 0. Corrine says:

I just finished making these for my save the date and they turned out AWESOME!!! I also attatched mine to a card with a beautiful decorative paper and message and then lined my envolped to match. Thank you for such a wonderful template! I love them!

37. 0. megan claire says:

love this idea! but ur directions r a little tricky….if you follow your directions and “reverse it” in msword, the when printing, choose “mirror”, wouldn’t that put it right back to right side up again? has anyone tried this? would love some clarification! thank you! :)

38. 0. Jamie Cooper says:

My theme is Vintage Country chic and I absolutely love the idea of using Hankies as the save a dates but I am having a hard time finding Pretty hankies in Bulk to purchase that are not too expensive. Where can you find them at a reasonable price? I need 200 if I send one to everyone I am inviting, but I may only send them to about 100 people. Such an adorable idea!!

39. 0. Jamie Cooper says:

Thanks for ALL of the great Ideas!

40. 0. Jamie Cooper says:

Do you have any other Vintage DIY projects?

41. 0. Donna says:

Absolutely adorable!!!! I love them so much. I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have lovely sites like this that actually help you out, step by step through the process. Bless you all, I’m a mother-in-law to be that will definately be using this idea for my son’s country vintage wedding, thanks again.donna

42. 0. Erica says:

Hi! Do you have a hanki template for wedding invites?
    Thanks for your hard work.

43. 0. sheetal says:

from where i can buy Iron on transfers ?plz help

44. 0. Anke says:

Hi There,

Where can I purchase these vintage Hankies?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
    Anke
    074 1428 285
    ankesbosch@yahoo.com

45. 0. Thitirat says:

I love this..

46. 0. Genevieve says:

If you would like to increase your familiarity only keep
    visiting this website and be updated with the most recent news posted here.

47. This is the perfect webpage for anybody who wishes to find out about this topic.
    You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually will
    need to…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject that’s been written about for a long time. Great stuff, just wonderful!

48. Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure
    why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

49. 0. 1 on 1 sex chat says:

I drop a comment whenever I especially enjoy a article on a
    site or if I have something to add to the conversation.
    Usually it’s caused by the sincerness displayed in the article I read. And after this article Vintage Hankie Do It Yourself Save the Date Invitations. I was actually moved enough to drop a comment ;-) I do have a few questions for you if it’s allright.

Could it be just me or does it appear like a few of these
    comments appear as if they are left by brain
    dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at other online social sites,
    I would like to keep up with anything new you have to post.

Could you list the complete urls of your public pages like your Facebook
    page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

50. 0. Sylvia says:

This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!
    ! Finally I’ve found something which helped me. Kudos!

51. Thanks , I’ve recently been looking for info approximately this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I’ve came
    upon till now. However, what concerning the conclusion?
    Are you sure about the supply?

52. Thanks for finally writing about >Vintage Hankie Do It Yourself Save the Date Invitations <Liked it!

53. 0. Vicky says:

I take pleasure in, cause I found just what I used to be
    taking a look for. You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

54. 0. naked cams says:

I think this is one of the most vital info for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But
    should remark on some general things, The site style is wonderful,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

55. Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you

56. 0. Cherie says:

I mean, I wasn’t really” fat” anymore. It worked and I learned a lot about food in that time. A successful diet is supposed to fill her up with very few calories. The over-weight people that get surgeries for stomach-clamping, this is not the quickest strategy to ‘lose
    weight’. So there you are, the longer the extra weight will stay off. When you hear that jelly doughnut a-calling, imagine yourself eating some other kind of food that you are stable on your leg or legs without falling.

57. 0. Kristin says:

I love this. I was trying to make ‘for your happy tears’ hankies and tried a bunch of DIY ideas from pinterest with NO success. Does the iron on paper make the hankie stiff where it was applied?

1. [...] Vintage Hankies Save The Dates from The Wedding Chicks [...]

2. [...] right now that are along the vintage track. For instance, how could you NOT love these from The Wedding Chicks? – Photo from The Wedding Chicks – Vintage DIY Save The Date [...]

3. [...] dates and invitations save the date {fiona e} diy handkerchief save the date {benign objects via wedding chicks} handkerchief wedding invitation {bird and banner via martha stewart weddings} {update} [...]

4. [...] save the date via the wedding chicks [...]

5. [...] so I found a good tutorial for the hanky invitation here [...]

6. [...] is a great resource from Wedding Chicks that can help you with the iron on DIY [...]

7. [...] Vintage Hankies Save The Dates from The Wedding Chicks [...]

8. [...] Objects Be sure to check out all of the beautiful offerings. You might also want to see the darling DIY Save the Date that Benign Objects created for our [...]

9. [...] ObjectsBe sure to check out all of the beautiful offerings. You might also want to see the darling DIY Save the Date that Benign Objects created for our [...]

10. [...] Objects Be sure to check out all of the beautiful offerings. You might also want to see the darling DIY Save the Date that Benign Objects created for our [...]

11. [...] Remember the gorgeous save-the-date hankies I posted last week from Etsy? I just came across a step-by-step guide (complete with template) of how to make them yourself by Rachel from BegningObjects via the Wedding Chicks blog.  Check out the entire guide right here! [...]

12. [...] I also really like this idea of printed handkerchiefs after my friend Emily gave me a vintage one for my Engagement. Fun (or stressful?) DIY project? [...]

13. [...] via WeddingChicks.com / Design Rachel Wile of Benign [...]

14. [...] embraced the postcard format. I doused my hot crush on handkerchief Save-the-Dates. We kicked down letterpress aspirations in favor of a faster method. In mere hours (the [...]

15. [...] design, if you have your heart set on making your own Save the Dates, this idea we spotted on Wedding Chicks is pretty epic for a vintage [...]

16. [...] Who said that a save the date card must be in paper form? Be original and create this one of a kind vintage hankie with just a few simple steps. Source: Wedding Chicks [...]

17. [...] hankies, floppy disk, plane, pencils, magnet #PDRTJS_2226915_post41567_msg_1 {line-height: 22px; [...]