All DIY Projects

Vintage Swirl Save the Date Free Postcard Template Downloads

Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower, a party or whenever. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.

Send out a Vintage Swirl Save the Date Postcard to notify guests of your wedding and any other information you might want to share. Instructions on how to download and print out your Vintage Swirl Save the Date Free Postcard Template Downloads are below and see more adorable do-it-yourself wedding projects here.

HERE ARE THE STEPS. READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS
Download Vintage Swirl Save the Date Free Postcard Template here.

1: Open the PDF files and print the front, then the back (The postcard is 6 1/4 X 4 1/4. You can purchase the perfect card stock for these at paper-source. We recommend purchasing white card stock.)

2: Open up the WORD DOCUMENT and type in your wording.

3: Put the PDF printout BACK in the printer and print your WORD DOCUMENT right over the front side of the already printed postcard.
YOU WILL HAVE TO RUN YOUR POSTCARDS THROUGH THE PRINTER TWICE.

The beautiful vintage inspired bathing suit is from Norma Kamail. The amazing dress details are from New York Bridal Market: Monique Lhuillier Spring 2010 collection. Simply swooning over the details.

Categories: All DIY Projects, DIY Printable Wedding Templates
Tags: ,

Comments

1. 0. Kristin says:

Love that postcard design, what a great freebie!

2. 0. HJ says:

Love these!

What font are the names in?

3. 0. Brooke Anderson says:

I have downloaded the Save the Date Vintage Postcard 3 times and still am not able to open the file… What program am I needing to be using?

4. 0. Leah says:

The file opens as a zip file with 2 PDFs (uneditable) and a word file with only the text “Type Words Here.” How does this work?

5. 0. Emily says:

Is it me or are none of the save the dates working? lol the word document doesn’t bring anything up except type here.. tried printing it and everything .. totally not working :( I really want to use these … Can someone help???

6. 0. Rachael Hayes says:

Hello. Love the postcard design but am not able to download it? Help! Thanks!

7. 0. Megan Spina says:

I want to use this as my save the dates but as everyone says above, the word document is blank other than “type your text here”. Am i doing something wrong? Can anyone help me? i am so bummed was so excited when i found this!!!!

8. 0. katie says:

I am having the same problem as everyone else. the word document is blank except for the “type your text here”

9. 0. casey Bowling says:

I can’t get them to work either and really like these…..has anyone figured it out?

10. 0. Nik says:

if you click where it says” type here” it opens a text box. Type your info in and then follow the printing directions on the site. It was a long process but it worked great for me and I LOVED the finished product!

11. 0. jess says:

Already married, but I’m hoping to use your pdf postcard back for my xmas cards this year. Thanks for the free download! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while.

12. These are great. I don’t know what I like better… the design or the card stock.

That font on the back reminds me of a traveling circus from yesteryear! Classic vintage look.

13. 0. Kelli says:

You have to click on the link open the file that says ‘vintage postcard’. There will be 2 pdf’s and a word document. You open and then print one pdf (the back of the post card). Put the post card back in the printer and open and print the other pdf (the front of the post card). Then you open the word document. Type in YOUR info (names, dates, etc) and run it through your printer a 3rd time. This will give you the finished post card. This is what I did and it worked like a charm! Very cute! (TIP: It took a few tries to get it straight which direction to load my stock in to my printer so either use scrap paper or have extra cards on hand.)

14. 0. Abigail says:

If you are having trouble opening the file I know exactly what’s wrong!
    Download it, then open the downloaded file. Right click on the file that has the name postcard, click on EXTRACT TO FOLDER. choose the file you want it to download in, and voila. you can open the file!

P.S. thanks for the download, this is the cutest thing! I can NOT wait to use it for my save the dates

15. 0. candia fields says:

Is there a template for a wedding invitation or thank you cards?

16. 0. Meaghan Arnesano says:

Hi could you please send me the front of the post card with the “save the date” words in a deep grey blue or silver color? Also if it could say

Joel & Meaghan

(the with a line of space and then underneath say…)

Are Tying the Knot!

(if this could all be in the same font I would love to be able to create my save the dates with your template.)

Thanks!
    Let me know if this works out.

17. 0. Melisa says:

I would also love to have these in the blue/gray silver colour! They are exactly what I am looking for! Thank you,
    Melissa

18. 0. KMC2Be says:

I LOVE this… however, can’t seem to find the recommended card stock on the Paper-Source.com website.

If anyone has a link, or can provide navigation, I’d greatly appreciate it!

19. 0. KMC2Be says:

Disregard, the link to Paper-source is the link to the card stock. Thanks Wedding Chicks!

20. 0. Kara says:

Would it be possible to get an unrestricted version of this Save the Date? I would like to change the colors.

21. 0. Carly Doherty says:

Hi,

I used this template for my save the date cards. I now need to send an invite and want to send it in the same style but obviously without ‘save the date’ written on it. Is it possible to get this??

FIngers crossed – Carly

22. 0. Josh says:

This is useless without the permissions password

23. 0. Maria says:

I agree, keeps asking me for a password which is disappointing..

24. 0. betty richter says:

HI! I’m trying to open this document in photoshop and I need a pdf security password. would you be willing to share this with me? I’d love to use this design and don’t have word on my mac.
    thanks!
    Betty

25. 0. Brenda Cole says:

I just want to say thank you

26. 0. Brenda Cole says:

I love the vintage look thank you

27. Hi I am so grateful I found your weblog, I really found you by error, while I was browsing
    on Askjeeve for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would
    just like to say thanks a lot for a fantastic post
    and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

28. Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite
    justification seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of.
    I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they plainly do not know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects ,
    people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
    Thanks

29. You don’t want to pick something that everyone’s heard bad things about, even if this
    is just because these drugs are more popular. It works
    by driving more blood to the penis which in turns leading to
    a bigger and stronger erections. This problem occurs due to malfunction
    of body parts or activities, some ailments, with
    growing age etc.

30. 0. Ricky says:

Hi there! Quick question that’s completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4. I’m trying
    to find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
    If you have any suggestions, please share. Thank you!

31. 0. Donna says:

Absolutely love the postcard, the best I’ve seen anywhere!
    Can’t wait to use it.
    Thanks for a brilliant freebie!

32. 0. machiko says:

design good

33. 0. machiko says:

Love these!

34. 0. dsfdsf says:

sdfds

35. 0. PHOB says:

test wording

1. 0. DiY Templates « says:

[...] Check out these adorable invitation + save the date templates, courtesy of the ladies over at Wedding Chicks!  What makes these templates more adorable, is that they are FREE for download! Yep, WC is [...]

2. [...] November 27, 2009 · Filed under Uncategorized I Stumbled across these cute templates on the web.  You can download them for free courtesy of the ladies over at Wedding Chicks. All you need is paper and a printer and you’re good to go!  DOWNLOAD THEM HERE [...]

3. [...] I Stumbled across these cute templates on the web.  You can download them for free courtesy of the ladies over at Wedding Chicks. All you need is paper and a printer and you’re good to go! DOWNLOAD THEM HERE [...]

4. [...] upon their site dedicated to good DIY marriage projects. Two of my a one preferred have been these vintage save a dates as well as crown marriage save a dates as well as day of material. You [...]

5. [...] have to say that I am simply obsessed with all the  templates you can find on the Wedding Chicks blog. Like this breathtaking Save the Date postcard. This is [...]

6. [...] FREE Save the Date! By who? Well you guessed right, the lovely ladies at the Wedding Chicks! Click here for the [...]

7. [...] Oh, and in case you’re considering postcards for your for your invites, STDs, thank you cards, or any other wedding project, here’s a few more templates for you from Martha, Ruffled, The Graphics Fairy, and the Wedding Chicks. [...]

8. [...] Image via the Bridal Blog / Template by Wedding Chicks [...]

9. [...] This vintage swirl postcard is your best pick if you are more comfortable with simpler printable templates and want to save time making your own personalize save the date card. Source: Wedding Chicks [...]

10. [...] or search the internet for a free template that suits your theme. we got our template from weddingchicks [dot] com. if you want to use this same template, you should take note of the fold marks on the upper right [...]

11. […] save the date -kutsut (Wedding […]